Yes
0 (0%)
No
8 (88.9%)
Maybe
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Ziplock

And our 5th randomly generated player, sitting at number 340 is Jarrad McVeigh!

The Co-Captain of the Sydney Swans, and taken at pick 5 in the 5 in the 02 draft, McVeigh at age 26 had a career best fantasy season last year, despite the death of his young daughter in July.

In McVeighs last 9 games he dipped below 90 points twice, an 89 vs WBD and a 54 vs Richmond (considering Richmond was his first game back after the death of his daughter), priced at an average of 88, removign that 54 as a grief anomaly, with a lack of match fitness, out of his last 9 games he averaged 99.4... a solid finish to the season.

At peak AFL age, rearing to go, could McVeigh be a valid choice for DT?

IMO, no. In 2011 he had a high score of just 115, and while being very consistent in the later part of the season, did put up several low scores. A big tackler, and not a massive possession winner, that 115 included a massive 12 tackles against fremantle...  playing for the swans, who hardly have a DT friendly gamestyle, I really don't see McVeigh as a worthwhile midfield option. Cheaper than him you can get Hayes/ Barlow, a little more expensive players like A. Swallow and Montagna. It's a no for me.

If he was in the forward line, I would punt on him, but as a pure mid, even if he averages 100, it's not going to be much worth it.

DT rating: 5
Due to his solid average, and pumping second half of the season, I can't justify any more than that. That being said, I can't see him having a stellar 15+ point improvement, which is what you would be looking for at that price.

Colliwobblers

nice write up, and spot n just not good enough to be a keeper, effectively just cost you a trade having him.

TheMailman

You would consider him if he was any other position except for mid