FG's MATURE PROFILES: Stephen Clifton

Started by Fyfe_gun, December 29, 2011, 04:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Quote from: elephants on January 01, 2012, 11:27:51 PM
Horsely, Shiel, McDonald, Mitchell or Clifton.

One of these must be left out....
I like Shiel and Clifton, McDonald if he plays round 1 could be a great pickup not sure how many games Mitchell will get and dont know much about Horsley. Nab will help decide on a few of these guys

Colliwobblers

how many gws rooks can you have in the midfield?? if you have rockliffe and or thompson NOT MANY. I have thompson only so I figure I can have what 2? gone for shiels and mcdonald, maybe clifton and mcdonald or can i have 3....... hmmmm

elephants

Yeah true Colli.
I'm looking at Thompson so that'd mean I'd have to think a bit harder.
Supposedly Mitchell is AFL ready according to the swans preseason reports.
Horsely averaged 91.4 in the wafl last year and is a jet mature age recruit. Should slot into the suns lineup nicely. Currently leaving out Horsely but watching preseason for sure.

lolrocket

Surely you would have traded a couple of rooks by rd. 11 though. As long as the bye your rooks have aren't completely one-sided, it isn't really a big concern. Much rather pick THE best 4 midfield rookies in my opinion than fiddle with them purely on a bye basis.

Kuruki

Quote from: lolrocket on January 02, 2012, 04:04:09 AM
Surely you would have traded a couple of rooks by rd. 11 though. As long as the bye your rooks have aren't completely one-sided, it isn't really a big concern. Much rather pick THE best 4 midfield rookies in my opinion than fiddle with them purely on a bye basis.

Amen. Im taking 2 extra's from round 11 bye in the midfield and  cashing them in before the bye comes. Be too restrictive worrying about the 2-3-3 system from round 1 aslong as you can get there with a few trades by round 11, i see it as the best way to go. Too much good cash wasted not having those midfield rooks.

Football Factory

Quote from: Kuruki on January 02, 2012, 08:05:40 AM

Amen. Im taking 2 extra's from round 11 bye in the midfield and  cashing them in before the bye comes. Be too restrictive worrying about the 2-3-3 system from round 1 aslong as you can get there with a few trades by round 11, i see it as the best way to go. Too much good cash wasted not having those midfield rooks.
+ 1

Colliwobblers

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 02, 2012, 01:42:47 PM
Quote from: Kuruki on January 02, 2012, 08:05:40 AM

+ 1

yeah +1 its one thing to get the byes right another to lose the points getting there by having the wrong rooks, I will balance the premiums as per the bye rounds and go with the best rooks, if the ones I need are not upgraded by round 10 they will be at the start of round 11,12 or 13 :)

No one likes a donut on a bye round, but looking at last year there were a lot of super cash cows you wouldnt haveliked not having too regardless of a potential donut down the track