Had another go

Started by kilbluff1985, January 24, 2012, 02:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Ok one of the ideas i have come up with is having 1 prem ruck with 3 rookies the three rookies including Sam Rowe then in the forward line you have Jarryd Roughead in the forward line doing this allows me to have 5 keepers in forward line and 5 keepers in defense while still being able to cover the rucks if needed.

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $60,200.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Sam Fisher, Corey Enright, Dyson Heppell, Sam Frost, Tim Mohr
Steven Morris, Henry Schade

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Tom Rockliff, Michael Barlow, Stephen Clifton, Dylan Shiel
James McDonald, Elliott Kavanagh

Shane Mumford, Jonathan Giles
Sam Rowe, Orren Stephenson

Steve Johnson, Jarryd Roughead, Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Israel Folau, Dayne Zorko
Adam Treloar, Jeremy Cameron

Obviously have to watch Barlow over pre season hoping he shows form as well as watching Roughead, Riewoldt, Brown i know it's a fairly risky team but if players show form it could work pretty well don't [ay to much attention to rookies these will surely change

Hawka

I like the idea
by weaking your rucks its makes great lines everywhere else an u can easily upgrade
But u also have roughtnut so in a way your rucks are strongish.Beware though,I dont think he is going to score the same this year he wont ruck well atleast not early on so he will go back to Full forward

Torress

mate you cannot start roughy this season period!!
by all means when he gets fitter bring him in for bye period. but its a big waste of points and dollars starting him just to cover 1-2 doughnuts. fair chance roughy will be on the pine round 1 anyway, and he won't have the base fitness to start with as he'll have a limited preseason. archillies is not an injury you simply come back from!!!

Torress

alexross

I wouldnt start with Roughy or Riewoldt. Riewoldt is a little to inconsistant for me. He can have games where he kicks 5 goals but does little else.

Im also not sold on Heppell. I think he will be a good pick up in 2013 when i think he will start rotating through the midfield a bit more.

The 1/3 ruck option is also a bit risky but it may pay off if one of those players can post decent scores.

Other than that a pretty solid team.

Colliwobblers

yes solid team, the 1+3 rucks will be done by a LOT of coaches this season, roughhead i agree is a must NOT, but otehrwise cant fault it except for being for or against the ruck strategy its a good strong side. I am sold on heppell this season too (as a back).

Swallow12

No Roughhead, personally I recommend the 1 and 3 ruck combo, worked last year with smith

kilbluff1985

ok a little bit of redoing for the 1000th time lol

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $42,800.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Sam Fisher, Corey Enright, Dyson Heppell, Sam Frost, Tim Mohr

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Tom Rockliff, Michael Barlow, Stephen Clifton, Dylan Shiel
James McDonald, Elliott Kavanagh

Shane Mumford, Jonathan Giles
Sam Rowe, Orren Stephenson

Steve Johnson, Ryan O'Keefe, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Jonathan Brown, Israel Folau, Dayne Zorko

Biggest person missing from my list is Buddy this because i cant shake this feeling that he will get suspended or injured it's my opinion but i just cant put him in my team no matter how much i want to and plus i would rather have 5 keepers in defense and forward then him and because i can do that i think it's a valid reason to go with 3 rookie rucks.

Oh and Heppell has put on a lot of muscle so far he is a lock.

Colliwobblers

Heppell 110% locked in my side, i know he wont be in a lot of pro teams, 2nd year rule, but thats why im taking him for a smokie. I have buddy for now but his draw and price might change that, one way or another he will end up in your team tho thats what you need to think on because he will be a top 3-5 fwd. Whether from the start or as an upgrade target is your call and you win if he drops in value and has a slow start, you lose if he rises in value and has a flying start, but you WILL have to have him either way to be at the pointy end of the comp.

Def: solid super

Mid: Solid

RUCK: grrrr :)

Fwd: Solid Super

Strong Side

kilbluff1985

Thanks Colliwobblers mate really respect your opinion it's only my second season but taking it very seriously.

I know you don't like the 3 rookie rucks but it's either that or downgrade Heppell and Brown to rookies to get my second prem ruck.

I like the idea of only having 4 rookies in forward and defense as the rookies in those positions are very hard to pick and just need one of the rookies in each position to be a 7th player keeper and you just need to upgrade someone else and your good. If this makes any sense lol.

I think Giles, Stephenson and Rowe will all climb to at least 350k in price which is another reason i think it's worth having the 3 of them i plan to downgrade 1 or 2 of them and have 2 premium rucks by round 10 or 11 maybe.

Ringo

Each to his own opinion but I also prefer the 2 prem rucks structure  I did some calculations and say the prem rucks average 105 pts per game and your rookies only average 80/90  you are giving away 15 - 25 points per week that may be the difference between winning or losing.  I am comfortable with the rookies sitting on the pine making money for me to upgrade elsewhere.
If you wish to keep Heppell I would downgrade Enright, Although he averaged 96 last year he is getting on in years and his SC average has been falling slightly from his peak in in 2008.

The real unknown with the three rookie ruck structure is will they command positions at their club and pay enough games early to get the increase.

kilbluff1985

Thanks for your reply Ringo.

I totally get and understand that having 3 rookie rucks will be giving away points  but i think having Brown and Heppell as 5th players in forward and defense would make up for those points? Instead of say starting with 5 rookies in forward and defense.

So instead of starting 1 keeper being the 2nd premium ruck you get 2 start 2 keepers being Heppell and Brown.

And i would say Rowe will make you more money then a 5th defender or forward rookie would.

Hope what i say makes sense lol

Ringo

Makes sense - and I follow your reasoning.

PICCOLLO

There has been a lot of talk on the ruck structures.  Fact is, if you believe one of the rookie rucks will avg 80+ then you have lost nothing on premium ruck structure because thats what an extra rookie midfielder would be doing.  Giles averaged over 100 sc last year i hear but his size and weight worry me.  Can he avg 80 in the big league?  Maybe.  I for one might just give it a try.  Re: roughead idea, i like it but unfortunately he wont be fit enough to play for a while.  Achilles injuries are very debilitating, with players often not playing to their full capacity ever again.  Dont risk it

kilbluff1985

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $5,500.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Sam Fisher, Brandon Ellis, Tim Mohr, Sam Darley

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Marc Murphy, Scott Thompson, Kyal Horsely, Anthony Miles
Dylan Shiel, Tom Mitchell

Dean Cox, Trent West
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Steve Johnson, Ryan O'Keefe, Dustin Martin, Ahmed Saad, Curtly Hampton, Dayne Zorko

Probably the most solid team i have seen due to spending less on the rucks