Previous topic - Next topic

Which Ruck?

NicNat
12 (60%)
Jacobs
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 3

pewz

Im looking at one of these two for my second ruck and i think both of them will improve their average.

Natanui could explode sc wise, considering his point-to-possesion stats if he can get even just 3 more possies a game he will average well over 100.

Jacobs on the hand has the easiest draw of any of the rucks and will get plenty of opportunities against lesser ruckmen.

Which one would you choose?

CuStArDaRm

You would think you would have to pick Jacobs as he is number 1 ruck but I guess Nic nat is more than just a ruck.
Tough one personally i dont have room for either atm. Subject to change over the next month of course  :P

Great point about nic nats point to posi rate, he is definitely the type of player you want for SC but as you say dosnt quite get enough of it and can disappear for parts of games.
I guess he would have to improve but to 110+ premium level? Im not so sure.

lozza63

Hey Pewz

Jacobs v NicNat - mmmm this is a very tight one.
A quick look at the stats from last year sees Nic scoring 10 sc tons to Sam's 8.
Nic is so explosive - i doubt that we've seen his ceiling - he strikes me as one who could get 200 anytime, priced at 92/93 we may not see such a bargain price for this guy again?

Sam - i have always rated this guy since his Blues days, always seemed to read the play well, developed footy smarts that one (if i'd been Carlton i would have tried to keep him at all costs). He should be a consistent, bankable, 105+ type average.

The decision i think lies in your "risk meter" - if your more of a conservative slow and steady "turtle" type - Sam. If you like speed thrills and spills, such as the "hare" - Nic.

I think the're both solid picks pity they share a bye - otherwise going for both would have been quite a sound decision.

Either way i doubt either will let you down and likely as not they'll end up within a few points of one another.

Ok 'cause i like the thought of him going "crazy", and he's such fun to watch i'll vote Nic.

meow meow

Too easy. NicNat by a mile. He improved so much as the season went on.

Disco

Cox is 31 this year on and may be rested in the forward line more giving Nic Nat more time on the ball IMO.

browny_wce

Quote from: Disco on January 30, 2012, 03:34:59 PM
Cox is 31 this year on and may be rested in the forward line more giving Nic Nat more time on the ball IMO.
Cox was rested in the forward line last year and averaged 107.5
he will still be used as the main ruck/midfielder as Nic Nat cant read the game
if Coxy is fit which looks like hes alright, he'll still produce a close to 100 avg

i love that everyone is off Coxy!

meow meow

Jacobs will play close to 100% game time you'd think. Opportunities to score big.

grange76

Jacobs will get big game time as Adelaide dont have another ruckman. With his easy draw he may be worth the 50K+ saving over the likes of Berger.

Definitely a consideration and a point of difference. Will he get enough rest time in the forward or enough supply from backs going back throught the middle with him as the conduit??

I am considering strongly but not sure I have the balls??

lozza63

Quote from: browny_wce on January 30, 2012, 04:10:04 PM
Quote from: Disco on January 30, 2012, 03:34:59 PM
Cox was rested in the forward line last year and averaged 107.5
he will still be used as the main ruck/midfielder as Nic Nat cant read the game
if Coxy is fit which looks like hes alright, he'll still produce a close to 100 avg
i love that everyone is off Coxy!

Hey Browny - i think you're mentally over on the dt board lol - but yeah he will make a pretty weird POD, especially in SC, courtesy of a stunning 2011 eh?

hawki

he is westcoast number 1 tap ruck will share center bounce 50/50 with cox.

pretty hard to look past a guy that scored 140 in prelim when he team got beat!
he dt and supercoach score roughly increase buy 15 a yr if that happens this yr dt be 90 sc 105+
if  u cant see him ave 100 + sc
he last 4 games last season against
geelong collingwood , carlton , adealide ave 78 dream team 105 supercoach

CrowsFan

Can't really go wrong with either. Personally I reckon they will both crack the 100 average this year, just depends on by how much.

Here's a comparison of Jabocs and Naitanui over the last 10 rounds of the season ;)

Sam Jacobs
Average - 101
Hundreds - 6
High Score - 149
Low Score - 50
Std Deviation - 24.85

Nic Naitanui
Average - 100.5
Hundreds - 5
High Score - 127
Low Score - 73
Std Deviation - 18.62

The standard deviation shows how consistent a player is with their scores, the lower it is the more consistent. From those stats it actually shows that Naitanui was the more consistent player. Even if you take out the low score of 50 by Jacobs Naitanui's consistency is still better. Before looking at those stats I thought Jacobs was the safer and more consistent pick, but I guess I was wrong. May have to look at picking Nic Nat instead now.

Hope that helps :)

Purple 77

Well, Jacobs is the number one ruck yes?

Naitanui isn't, the work Cox does could hinder Nick Nat's scoring so im gonna say Jacobs, this year