RG #2 Eddie Betts

Started by Ziplock, January 01, 2012, 05:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Betts 2012

He's my smokie for the car!
1 (5.9%)
Hell no, I would rather chop my manhood off than choose him!
11 (64.7%)
Maybe. If he grew wings or something.
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Ziplock

randomly generated player for today is number 732, Eddie Betts!

taken at number 3 in the 05 pre-season draft, Betts' highest yearly average to date after 7 seasons is 75, in 09. In 2011 Betts finished with an average of just 68.5, a little from his 2010 average of 74. Underpriced, yay :P Quite durable though, having only missed 1 game is 3 seasons. 

Betts is probably one of the most inconsistent players in the league, with his scores for the season ranging from 29 (rd 4 v essendon) to 121 (rd 18 vs essendon). His inconsistency is really highlighted by the fact his season highest and lowest score was vsing essendon.

Betts cracked the ton 3 times last year (rd 21 vs fremantle, rd 18 vs Essendon, rd 12 vs brisbane), finishing with scores in the 90s three times (including the QF vs essendon). But, at the same time, he pulled out non-sub affected low scores of 29, 40, 30, 43, 37, 36.

So, basically, he's not really a good DT prospect- he only seems to score decently when he's really notching up the goals and tackles (rd 21 fremantle, 5 tackles, 6 goals, only 109 DT points), and when he's kept relatively goal and tackleless (rd 24 st Kilda, 1 tackle, 0 goals, 0 behinds, 36 DT points), he sucks.

rating: 2/10. Unless he suddenly gets freakish abilities over pre-season, don't even consider. I only even gave him a 2 due to durability, a reasonable average (albeit one you wouldnt want on your team), and technically being underpriced.

Pass for me.

elephants

Pass unless he grew wings. Nice write-up zippy.

Football Factory

Im getting the knife......nice write-up tho

bowyanger

Maybe if he gave up the durries, didnt wear girlee earings in public and wore shorts that dont double as a tent incase he got lost on the way home from the game.

Id rather swim up pooh creek with my mouth open to french kiss the chick that last orally stimulated the Queen than pick this bloke in my side.

elephants

Chopps

wasnt even close to being on any kind of radar for 2012

Ziplock

*except for the randomly generated radar :P

Chopps

that and someone who doesnt know what AFL is

Colliwobblers

Quote from: bowyanger on January 01, 2012, 08:31:21 PM
Maybe if he gave up the durries, didnt wear girlee earings in public and wore shorts that dont double as a tent incase he got lost on the way home from the game.

Id rather swim up pooh creek with my mouth open to french kiss the chick that last orally stimulated the Queen than pick this bloke in my side.

ive only ever heard that saying used in a possitive way as follows,

I'd swim up poo creak through barbed wire with my mounth open just to suck the willi of the last bloke that flowered scarlett johansen.

um and pass on betts but yeah  well written zip

Off Tap

Nice write up Zip, keep them coming.

bowyanger

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 02, 2012, 01:45:55 AM
Quote from: bowyanger on January 01, 2012, 08:31:21 PM

I'd swim up poo creak through barbed wire with my mounth open just to suck the willi of the last bloke that flowered scarlett johansen.

um and pass on betts but yeah  well written zip

Thats how it goes but just didnt want to upset any of our homoseksual brothers on FF that might actually want to do this....so I changed it a bit.

How about...Id rather crutch sheep with my teeth?

Windigo