Main Menu

Midfield combinations

Started by starz, November 22, 2011, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Roy.G.Biv on December 04, 2011, 07:56:10 AM
Quote from: Holzman on December 03, 2011, 04:52:48 AM
even though people may disagree i wont pick a player unless i think they are undervalued therefore no chance of pendles, murphy or boyd starting.

At the moment im Ablett, Barlow, Ziebell/Hayes, Swan, Shiel, Wingard

I really like Ziebell, but he's suspended for the first 2 rounds.

IM really liking the look at the mid rookies shiel, wingard, caddy, mitchell, kavanagh etc.. its ok starting them especially ealry in the season if you know they will play.

Hawks_1976

How about going all out with 6 premium midfielders??
They are after all the best scorers in DT.
Might be easier to upgrade backs and forwards later.
And with the byes 11,12,13 you could get an early lead on the pack.
This is what my team looks like stacking the midfield:

TEAM NAME: Draft2
DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, C. Yarran, B. Waters, B. Lake, C. Dempsey, M. Buntine (W. Sierakowski, D. Williams)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, J. Selwood (D. Zorko, D. Shiel)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, T. West (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Petrie, A. Christensen, W. Hoskin-Elliott, J. Porplyzia (D. Markworth, J. Lamb)
CASH LEFT: $1,600

SydneyRox

It doesnt look all that bad, it is just sooooo much risk in picking the right mid pricers. If someone was going to go this way, I would suggest trying to have more money in the bank, so that over rounds 1-3 you could do some quick movement where required.

Jukes

I'm going 4 premos and 4 rooks; Swan, Ablett, Rocky and Beams (DPP) premiums, and then Docherty (DPP), Shiel, Mitchell and Kavagnah as rookies.

Ziplock

2 premiums, 4 mid pricers, 4 rooks.

and a 100 avg. midfielder makes beams more of a mid pricer than a premium :P

Kuruki

Quote from: Roy.G.Biv on December 04, 2011, 07:56:10 AM
Quote from: Holzman on December 03, 2011, 04:52:48 AM
even though people may disagree i wont pick a player unless i think they are undervalued therefore no chance of pendles, murphy or boyd starting.

At the moment im Ablett, Barlow, Ziebell/Hayes, Swan, Shiel, Wingard

I really like Ziebell, but he's suspended for the first 2 rounds.

Well that just stuffs me right up. Ziebell had a very very strong finish to the year for his average. And i think he will be one of those who kick on with it next year thats why i had him as my 5th mid next to Barlow as 4th. Now i mayswell start my team again!!.

Kuruki

Quote from: Hawks_1976 on December 07, 2011, 02:31:45 PM
How about going all out with 6 premium midfielders??
They are after all the best scorers in DT.
Might be easier to upgrade backs and forwards later.
And with the byes 11,12,13 you could get an early lead on the pack.
This is what my team looks like stacking the midfield:

TEAM NAME: Draft2
DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, C. Yarran, B. Waters, B. Lake, C. Dempsey, M. Buntine (W. Sierakowski, D. Williams)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, J. Selwood (D. Zorko, D. Shiel)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, T. West (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Petrie, A. Christensen, W. Hoskin-Elliott, J. Porplyzia (D. Markworth, J. Lamb)
CASH LEFT: $1,600

Thats pretty crazy stuff but i like it. Your midfield alone will keep you in the game even if a few of your risky players fall over. Should guys like Lake, Waters Christensen step it up and become keepers, it will be a long road to catch you especially considering most people will not even bother upgrading to premium mids untill the bye rounds.

Colliwobblers

the whole 4 premium 2 rooks on ground and 2 rooks on bench set up makes a lot of sence to me as the best cash cows are the midfielders.

so this is my midfield, what do I do downgrade a mid priced plaer such as trengrove, sidebottom or barlow = upgrade the other 2 and add a rook? or doea this midfield look nice the way it is ?

4INAROW

4INAROW

btw my midfield is swan, gaj, selwood, barlow, horsely, clifton, (zorko, l.brown)

Colliwobblers

my mids are

Swan,Ablett,Thompson,Barlow,rook,rook(rook,rook) rooks being docherty, Horseley, Zorko, Mcdonald

4INAROW

id stick with that, looks good just keep an eye on docherty for round 1 start cumin back from an op, but i like it mate, plenty of money to be made with those youngsters i reckon.