Main Menu

2012 DPP STRATEGY

Started by Colliwobblers, December 27, 2011, 06:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Hi All, for my first thread I would like to pool some ideas on what everyone plans to do about DPP this year.

Given the bye rounds set up and the new DPP trade rules.

Looking at the below DPP players who can go into your midfield as a link to the Defenders will you start with a premium DPP DEF MID in your midfield? Will you start a rook that is DPP DEF MID instead? If you do what do you think the chances are you will NOT have already traded him up by the bye rounds?

As we have lost Gibbs down back and for me that makes a keeper DPP DEF MID to start in the MID all year very hard to find especially one that can match the top 7 midfielders you hope to have by seasons end.

DPP MID DEF : Goddard, Scotland, Carrazo, Delidio, Burgoyne, Mcveigh, Nicholson, Docherty, Andreloli, Aylett, Harvey, Allen, Brown, Baguley, King-Wilson, Newell. {the last 9 of these are Rooks}

There are an absolute ton on DPP MID FWD players so I won't list them, but are there any you want to start in your midfield?

I personaly am going with beams at this stage, if Fyfe is a starter possibly him instead for rnd 1.

Is anyone throwing the rarer link by adding a DPP FWD DEF to both the FWD and DEF lines ?

Is anyone bothering with the popular link of 2011 with a link from the RUCKS to THE FWDS with a couple of DPP FWD RUC

In summary the way I see it it is very easy to get DPP players into your starting team in the FWD and DEF, but not so easy to get players into the MID which are DPP due to the pure midfield players being much more premium scorers and most of the popular rooks are not DPP and the ones that are, again will they be there for the byes, or for much of the season at all?

Please post your thoughts and strategies and tips for how to use this DPP feature of the game in 2012, I feel it will be very important and much trickier than last year

Kuruki

I just spent allot of time making a team that would suit the bye structure. It's a massive headache trying to choose the right bye round players,  keeping in mind that when you trade some of them, you want to be using that trade as an upgrade, aswell as saving a donut.
Having GWS in the round 11 bye makes things a bit harder.  If you set yourself up for the round 11 bye,  you can dodge it without making any trades and still fielding a full side. Thats if you have no injury's and stick to the structure.
In saying that, it's much better to have premium locks as your round 11 players.  This means you will not have to trade them out or sideways they are set and forget. It makes it hard to fit the GWS rookies into your side.  Maybe downgrading a few GWS cash cows before the bye may work?. I'm not sure. There is just way too many scenarios to think about.

At the end of the day, all this planning can be blown out of the water by injury suspension or rookies not playing when you need them to. Is all the planning even going to come off?.
It also puts a bit of restrictions on you jumping on board the round 3 cash cows as they may not fit into your structure. Also jumping on those bargain pricers that just cant be ignored after the first few rounds.
Suddenly all the planning and structuring that most probably will not even be close to what you expected when the time comes, just does not seem worth it.

This is turning out to be a nightmare. I think i will seriously consider chucking in the towel for overall and just tank round 12 and go hard at my league's.
Going at league only basically lightens the load on needing to use dpp so much, as we dont have bye's every week.

I think the forward line speaks for itself with so many options. I can see guys like Sidebottom and Christensen being 3 way traded into my midfield and used as stepping stones to a premium mid with a mid cash cow. Then replacing them with your Chappy's and Stevie J's.

For me the rucks might end up being set and forget. Giles and Stephenson on the pine making cash. There just is not anyone worth giving up the cash for to provide the dpp link.

The backline i wont even worry about. I really cant think of too many linking from mid to back that i want in my side. Maybe i will just bite the bullet on that one and not worry about it.

Colliwobblers

well said , im in the same boat in the DEF i'll have no DPP def in my mids and only 1 DPP FWD in my mids which is coincidental and more about the cost than the link, it will be sidebottom or ZAKA imo as the 4th midfielder.