T.Mohr & L.Spurr

Started by browny_wce, January 20, 2012, 06:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browny_wce

seeing these rooks in alot of teams backlines but dont really know much bout them

any info??

Colliwobblers

Spurr looks like a good mature age recruit, needs to be elevated off the rookie list and get a run in the team tho to warrant picking.

Mohr is a GUN, out and out must have in the backline.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45731.msg621793.html#msg621793

valkorum

Spurr will only be able to be upgraded from rookie list if Freo have an LTI.  Freo have 2 players on the vets list (Grover, Pav) so we cant elevate a rookie at the start of the year. 

Andrew

A comprehensive list of the rookie-listed players around the comp would be very handy, there are alot around this season and it's not all that easy to research.

Grazz

Spurr played for my team Centrals in SA for a couple of years before being drafted.
Mature aged Rookie born 27/7/87, 195cm tall and 82kg's
Can play both ends of the ground and when he goes forward has the ability to turn a game on its head.
Good leap and a terrific Marking utillity.
Ran 2nd in the best and fairest in 2011 for the Doggies who have played in 10 GF's on the trot
and almost won us this years GF with 11 possies in the last qtr.

Mohr originally from Tassie played for the defunct Tassie Devils then joined Casey Scorpians.
Mature lad at 23 years born 19/10/1988, 195cm's and weighs in at 98kg's (Big Unit)
Although he's a massive unit he has good leg speed and a good long kick.
Played mainly in Defence and rucked when needed. Won the Gardner Clark Medal in 2011 and varoius media awards.
He's a highly rated KPP who was AFL ready yesterday.

Thats about as much as i can find on them mate.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Andrew on January 20, 2012, 07:10:21 PM
A comprehensive list of the rookie-listed players around the comp would be very handy, there are alot around this season and it's not all that easy to research.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,46272.0.html

Ask and ye shall recieve

lolrocket

Can someone convince me with Mohr?

Yes he is a gun but will he score points being a key defender? Does he play a bit like Goddard or something?

Ziplock

someone needs to play the rebounding role for gws :P

the question is- who?
buntine? Davis? Mohr? tomlinson? golds? frost?

tbh, imo, Davis + mohr will be in shutdown roles. Buntine looks to be the most like players like Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio in build, apparently plays off halfback.

Kind of wishing I hadnt traded him in the euros... fingers crossed that clay smith comes good :P

browny_wce

cheers guys
will look at adding Mohr
from GWS yeh? already got Bugg and Buntine in there, hopefully can fit him in

Kuruki

I dont think Spurr is going to play too many early games. Maybe a downgrade target if someone gets injured.