Brad Dick

Started by Colliwobblers, December 28, 2011, 02:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Ok WCE insiders, this one is an ex--pies player but I wanted to get some feedback on him in any case given the pricing / potential.

Brad Dick, gone to WCE playing as a FWD at $122K

Simply what are peoples thoughts

1. Will he play?
2. How much?
3. If he plays how do we think he will score?
4. Do you, I want him?

Ziplock

look, I've said it before, Dick's JS isn;t because a lack of skill, it's keeping fit.

IF he's fit, he'll play, and he'll play until he gets injured, unless he takes a huge skill dive. Fit, 60+ for certain I'd say, maybe 70, with a slight chance of 80.

if named round one, he's tempting :P

popedelio

Thing is where can this cat fit in the starting fwd line. my guess of the starting eagles fwd line is

HF: Luke Shuey/Andrew Embley/Koby Stevens       Quentin Lynch       Jack Darling
FF: Mark Nicoski     Josh Kennedy       Mark LeCras

Now in his interview after when he was drafted he said
"The main thing is getting my body right and hopefully pushing through the WAFL,"
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7155/newsid/127189/default.aspx

Looks like he is definitely not going to start rd 1.
So to answer your questions
1. Yes
2. 1-5 games (and thats being generous, 2nd half of the season though)
3. Similar to Mark Nicoski (65.4ppg) so 60-70ppg
4. I don't want him and so shouldn't you

Phasir

I reckon he'll get some games this year, if lecca can push forward a bit..
they mentioned they would like having josh hill in the team because he could play small forward and let lecca run through the mids more often than forward.. you'd think dick would be miles ahead of hill if they were both fit

demon_spud

Quote from: Ziplock on December 28, 2011, 02:43:36 AM
look, I've said it before, Dick's JS isn;t because a lack of skill, it's keeping fit.

IF he's fit, he'll play, and he'll play until he gets injured, unless he takes a huge skill dive. Fit, 60+ for certain I'd say, maybe 70, with a slight chance of 80.

if named round one, he's tempting :P

Thanks for this advice previously Zip, I put him on the watch, though now with Pop's post it looks like he's moving down the list of who to pick.

valkorum

This really frustrates the hell out of me. 

HE IS A ROOKIE and has to be promoted before he will play a game.  The number of threads asking if a ROOKIE player is going to get games next year.  Simple answer:  If they are not promoted then they WILL NOT get any games.  It wouldnt matter if he was the best player in the league - if he is not promoted he will not get a game.

Ziplock

so, that's basically what I said :P

if he's named round one, he's been promoted, consider him :P

Miss Pies

Poor little bugger, he is so enthusiastic when he plays and a great player at that!!. Hope his body holds up long enough for WCE to consider him.