Please rate my Dream Team?

Started by 88KING88, December 25, 2011, 05:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

88KING88

Here is the team I have at the moment, I would love to hear your rates and suggestions.

DEF: D. Heppell, B. Goddard, B. Waters, B. Deledio, B. Lake, M. Buntine, J. Bootsma (J. Bews, N. Blee)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, B. Stanton, R. Sloane, C. Wingard, J. McDonald (T. Mitchell, M. Grigg)
RUC: Z. Smith, N. Naitanui (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, D. Stanley, J. Brown, T. Walsh (S. Kerridge, J. Paine)
CASH LEFT: $13,800

88KING88

Colliwobblers

not sure about your rooks but htey dont matter until after nab cup anyway

risky players : waters (i have him) , lake ! , Sloane , Smith, Stanley.

Not sure you dont have too many mid priced players in there, stanton is unique but for a reason?

rucks a bit weak by the looks but you never know it might work out, i have hmac so cannot talk :)

all in all without being an expert 6.5/10 not taking rooks into consideration as we none of us really know who to have yet.

Ziplock

Quote from: 88KING88 on December 25, 2011, 05:24:54 PM
Here is the team I have at the moment, I would love to hear your rates and suggestions.

DEF: D. Heppell, B. Goddard, B. Waters, B. Deledio, B. Lake, M. Buntine, J. Bootsma (J. Bews, N. Blee)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, B. Stanton, R. Sloane, C. Wingard, J. McDonald (T. Mitchell, M. Grigg)
RUC: Z. Smith, N. Naitanui (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, D. Stanley, J. Brown, T. Walsh (S. Kerridge, J. Paine)
CASH LEFT: $13,800

well, I rate your first 4 defenders quite highly, good job on that. Stanton is a bit of an interesting choice, as is sloane. I don't know much about sloane personally, he posted a nice score against geelong, which shows he has the ceiling, but most of his other scores were a little unimpressive- and a few very low ones to boot. From his stats, I would say he's another year away from breaking out.

I don't see nic nat being a viable DT option yet. He hasn't demonstrated the ceiling necessary for a premium ruckman, and I would probably leave him out this year.

It's a bit of a punt going stanley and smith in their second year. One of the main reasons they DTed so well in their first year was because of thei mature bodies... unless they can suddenly get even more mature and experienced in the pre-season, they're not goign to have the  type of jump you're expecting in 2012- aka the second year blues (even though stanley has technically played before)

apart from that, pretty solid.

88KING88

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 27, 2011, 11:59:44 PM

Not sure you dont have too many mid priced players in there, stanton is unique but for a reason?

rucks a bit weak by the looks but you never know it might work out, i have hmac so cannot talk :)

all in all without being an expert 6.5/10 not taking rooks into consideration as we none of us really know who to have yet.

Yeah Waters and Lake are the only problems that I can think of that would hurt me in DEF but hey this year there aren't too many good defenders out there so I'm willing to take the risk on these two.

I'm liking Sloane and with the new head coach I believe Sloane will get more playing time which can only mean more dream team points.

Smith and Stanley are just there because of their age and dream team averages from last year, I had Smith in for my team last year and was consistent for me so I'm giving him another crack this year and because he's GC's number one Ruckman, young and can only improve how could I not give him a shot if I can afford him?

Stanton is unique and helps give me a 10/10/10 for each bye round so in midfield I'd only have to worry about swapping two players each week. I am considering swapping Stanton for Scott Thompson and swapping Sloane for Zaharakis so that it keeps that 10/10/10 bye round thing going but I'm waiting on the preseason before I determine whether or not I make that move.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to increase my cash so that I can buy at least one better ruck?

EDIT: I've made a few adjustments so that I could bring in a premium ruck into the squad.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Waters, B. Lake, M. Buntine, J. Bews (N. Blee, J. Bootsma)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, B. Stanton, R. Sloane, C. Wingard, K. Stevens (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
RUC: T. Goldstein, Z. Smith (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, M. Clark, J. Butcher, B. Smedts (S. Kerridge, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $7,400

Thoughts? I'm still thinking about putting Brown in for Clark but both players NAB cup performances or injuries will decide that for me.

Kuruki

Can you cover your 10 players in round 11 without trading??. If not then you are only going to trade in someone who will be having a bye in the next 2 weeks anyway.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Kuruki on December 31, 2011, 05:21:27 PM
Can you cover your 10 players in round 11 without trading??. If not then you are only going to trade in someone who will be having a bye in the next 2 weeks anyway.

yeah there is a strategy i saw for the best trading process and set up for the bye rounds all in all though unless you want to burn 9 trades over 3 rounds it meant eating some donuts at some point, i would like to hear more about the bye strategy before locking my team away, but most of it can be tweeked through the rooks so locking away a balanced selection of keepers at this point cant hurt.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: 88KING88 on December 29, 2011, 04:42:48 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 27, 2011, 11:59:44 PM

Yeah Waters and Lake are the only problems that I can think of that would hurt me in DEF but hey this year there aren't too many good defenders out there so I'm willing to take the risk on these two.

I'm liking Sloane and with the new head coach I believe Sloane will get more playing time which can only mean more dream team points.

Smith and Stanley are just there because of their age and dream team averages from last year, I had Smith in for my team last year and was consistent for me so I'm giving him another crack this year and because he's GC's number one Ruckman, young and can only improve how could I not give him a shot if I can afford him?

Stanton is unique and helps give me a 10/10/10 for each bye round so in midfield I'd only have to worry about swapping two players each week. I am considering swapping Stanton for Scott Thompson and swapping Sloane for Zaharakis so that it keeps that 10/10/10 bye round thing going but I'm waiting on the preseason before I determine whether or not I make that move.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to increase my cash so that I can buy at least one better ruck?

EDIT: I've made a few adjustments so that I could bring in a premium ruck into the squad.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Waters, B. Lake, M. Buntine, J. Bews (N. Blee, J. Bootsma)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, B. Stanton, R. Sloane, C. Wingard, K. Stevens (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
RUC: T. Goldstein, Z. Smith (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, M. Clark, J. Butcher, B. Smedts (S. Kerridge, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $7,400

Thoughts? I'm still thinking about putting Brown in for Clark but both players NAB cup performances or injuries will decide that for me.

Ywah i'd go brown dog for clarke up fwd. solid back line , buntine is a lot of money if any cheaper rook impresses and becomes a must have in nab cup you get some money from swapping him out, even if he is a gun how much can a defender score these days (unreliable defenders). midfield is good ruck is strong fwd are strong.

Yeah with lake and buntine you have a lot of money in the back line and also if you put brown in for clarke in the fwd line you have a lot of money in the fwd line too.

its a good team overall and unique.