Revised Team

Started by Legs, December 14, 2011, 03:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legs

BACKS
Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Chad Cornes, Michael Johnson, Ben Jacobs, Matthew Buntine
Adam Tomlinson, Tim Mohr

MIDS
Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Hamish Hartlett, Dayne Beams, Tom Scully, Sam Reid
Marty Clarke, Tomas Bugg

RUCKS
Dean Cox, Matthew Leuenberger
Rhys Stanley, Sam Grimley

FWDS
Steve Johnson, Adam Goodes, Nathan Fyfe, David Hale, Alex Fasolo, Brad Dick, Jake King
Lewis Moss, Lachlan Smith

Fyfe_gun

Quote from: Legs on December 14, 2011, 03:41:03 PM
BACKS
Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Chad Cornes, Michael Johnson, Ben Jacobs, Matthew Buntine
Adam Tomlinson, Tim Mohr

MIDS
Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Hamish Hartlett, Dayne Beams, Tom Scully, Sam Reid
Marty Clarke, Tomas Bugg

RUCKS

FWDS
Steve Johnson, Adam Goodes, Nathan Fyfe, David Hale, Alex Fasolo, Brad Dick, Jake King

A good starting block but still some revisng to do.

BACKS
Adam Tomlinson, Tim Mohr

These three are worrying. Cornes was past it at Port, a year later and he wont improve. Johnson has had plenty of years to prove himself and hasn't and Jacobs will only be in his second year there are plenty more options at similar price.  I would be looking at Jared Petrenko (plays GWS, GC and PA twice), Courtenay Dempsey (Undervalued and will be a good cash cow if recovered from knee), Phil Davis (Unlike cornes is still young and is improving, has shown injury concerns but hopefully he can get his first full season under his belt. Decent cash cow), Sam Docherty (Will be used as run and carry for Brisbane off half back, plenty of points), or Beau Wilkes and Will Sierakowski (recycled players who should play good game time). If Lee Spurr is promoted off rookie list come pre season he is also one to watch as he is 24 and will score from the get go like Nick Lower last year.

Marty Clarke, Tomas Bugg

Like the two premiums you have but the other 4 can be worked out to make way for more. Your aim is to build a team where every player is premium so best way is to start with as many as possible and use cash cows to get more. Drop Hartlett as he is injury prone to a rookie like GWS guns Tyson or Coniglio. This frees up money to turn Beams or scully into a Swan or Selwood. Cheaper alternative is Michael Barlow who should go back to 100+ average. I like Marty Clarke as he should get game time. Other cheap rookie include Dylan Shiel and Steve Clifton from GWS.

RUCKS

Perfect onfield ruckman it is the bench that could improve. Jon Giles is a hardened body at GWS with previous AFL experience. He will go into 2012 as the Giants no.1 ruck so will get loads of gametime and points and at 97k it is no wonder why many are starting him onfield. Orren Stephenson from Geelong was drafted at the age of 29 and with Ottens and Blake out of the picture it will be up to him to work with Vardy, West and co. in the rucks.

FWDS

First three are perfect. FWDS are so strong in 2012 with the addition of sidebottom, Beams, Robinson as well as rookie priced guns. For starters Brad Dick is currently injured and on the rookie list at the eagles so wont get on the park next year. Was drafted yesterday for the future. Hale Fasolo and King might all be good players to watch but in terms of DT raen't great players.  I would downgrade two upgrade one. Look at Jason Porplyzia who has recovered from a shoulder injury and is set to play mids and either Matthew Panos or Gerad Ugle who should get good park time. Dick should be straight swapped to Zorko from Lions who is an out and out gun and then one upgraded to a Sidebottom, Beams, Robinson or Zaharakis.

I Don't know how much cash this will leave you with but remember the aim is to build a whole side of premiums so get as many of them as possible

Gd Luck

Legs

Thanks Fyfe_gun, that is some solid advice. I really don't want to drop Scully for obvious reasons moving to GWS. Just a throw around team so far, will look more into 2012 with the pre-season.
In 2009 Chad Cornes was the player to own it. I would like to give him a second run this coming season and see how he fairs in a different team as he copped a lot of flack in Port which hasn't been doing so well.

I remember the Nick Lower 149 that was brilliant. You really think Spurr will follow?
Also thought about Giles..but would like to see him in pre-season to make sure his form is up to scratch. He has a lot of experienced rucks to go up against and make his mark in the game so still not sure.

Robinson I'd like to get from Carlton, was trying to switch a few players to get him..which two would I drop to get him mid priced?

Fyfe_gun

Spurr has got the goods just needs a chance. Understand Scully but surely the Youthful Davis will edge out the ageing Chadwick. Get rid of Dick, King, Fasolo and Hale and get some Rookies and Guns like Porps, Panos and Robinson, Beams