Main Menu

Magic Door

Started by coolfugitiv0, December 09, 2011, 07:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Majak Daw isn't as good as Nic Nat? Well F me, who would have thought it!!! One went number 2 in the national draft, and one is on a rookie list. Thankyou for your wisdom DT Gun.

DT Gun

Quote from: meow meow on December 12, 2011, 06:54:03 PM
Majak Daw isn't as good as Nic Nat? Well F me, who would have thought it!!! One went number 2 in the national draft, and one is on a rookie list. Thankyou for your wisdom DT Gun.

not sure what that little outburst was about haha

Go to Toys R US and buy some new marbles cos youve obviously just lost all of yours.

They are identical players, one is just a lot more developed than the other.

I actually thought my information is useful.

Draft Numbers for ruckman mean not much because rucks dont fill their potential to later in their careers.

And just so you know, Dean Cox was picked up on the rookie list and he is one of the greatest ruckman of our generation, so your information is very uneducated.

meow meow

Uneducated information. Righto.

Recruiters are so dumb. They shouldn't even bother spending any time scouting ruckmen, because they are all the same, all have the same potential and talent, and it's just a lucky dip when it comes to picking a good one, right? Thanks DT Gun, your information is very, very useful.

DT Gun

Hmm meow meow your angry and your letting it cloud your judgement and it shows in your comments.

Most ruckmen who are taken are 'calculated risks' in the fact ruckmen develop later in life eg 24-25+.

Nic Nat at 2 was a huge risk, and he is a great athlete and all, but he did not read the play well at all when west coast first selected him so the idea there was he had potential being the super athlete he was, just needed to learn to read the play. He is now 22 and he still hasnt reached full potential yet. Unlike your midfielders, eg swallow who makes an immediate impact because you know what you have paid for.

You only hear about the ruckmen who make it, you dont hear anyone talk about the dozens of project players who were taken that fizzled.

Dean Cox Rookie Draft
Sam Jacobs Rookie Draft
Darren Jolly Rookie Draft
Shane Mumford went pick 57 in the Rookie Draft
Aaron Sandilands Rookie Draft
Hudson for selected at pick 58 when he was 24

Not many clubs are willing to take punts on ruckmen early in their careers because they take time to develop, although there is the odd exception where a ruckmen has developed earlier in their career.

There has obviously been a small few like Ottens, Mcevoy, Leuenberger who were traditional ruckmen who had been playing the game for years before being selected, but Naitanui is def not a traditional one. In his case he was selected at number 2 because he was an athlete (A gamble that he would actually become a good footballer)