Holzman: 2012 teams

Started by Holz, July 04, 2011, 03:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

I picked this team in the fan planner but left 350k left over due to the new Salary cap, makes pickg the team much harder but im happy with the team and it looks realistic.

Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Harteltt, Grimes, Lake, C.Heath     (105k, 105k)
Ablett, Mundy, Hayes, Barlow, Coniglio, Caddy                    (160k, 105k)
Sandilands, Mcinotosh                                                     (Giles, Redden)
Franklin, Fyfe, Rioli, Sidebottom, Christensen, Brown, 105k   (105k, 105k)

Windigo

Looks more realistic. But I still think Monty should get around to looking at the magic number a little bit. But with the salary cap set in stone. At least F.P teams will actually look a bit more 'real.'

Grazz

Looks pretty good for an Early Selection side Holz.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on October 10, 2011, 06:25:03 PM
I picked this team in the fan planner but left 350k left over due to the new Salary cap, makes pickg the team much harder but im happy with the team and it looks realistic.

Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Harteltt, Grimes, Lake, C.Heath     (105k, 105k)
Ablett, Mundy, Hayes, Barlow, Coniglio, Caddy                    (160k, 105k)
Sandilands, Mcinotosh                                                     (Giles, Redden)
Franklin, Fyfe, Rioli, Sidebottom, Christensen, Brown, 105k   (105k, 105k)

wow, that's new, aren't you normally more of a guns n  rooks man holz?

I'll tell you now- rioli will have you pulling out your hair all season long. His injury vs PA deadset knocked me out of my league final solo :(
for your backs: Probably wouldn't touch Shaw, and would want to see lake's pre season before lock and loading (would look at connors preferably to him imo). I honestly don't know enough about Heath to judge. I like the mids. Caddy is an interesting pick... although honestly, if he comes 200k I don't think I would touch him.

I think sandi and Hmac will be a common enough ruck selection
standard enough fwds, I also like the look of sidebottom and Christensen. Brown should be a lock imo.

GJ :)

Holz

yeah im normally a gun and rookie man and i will likely end up turning lake or heath into rookies and upgrade a guy like hayes into swanny. Hayes is out if he gets no discount.

I really like shaw he was pretty consistent this year and the only thing that stopped him was the betting incident.

Rioli is some guy i just put in i would prefer another guy but i cant see that many other premiums.

IM probably likely to swich to my normal strategy when i know more about the rookies, especially with only 8 on the bench now.

Ziplock

Yeah exactly- I know what you mean about fwd premos :S Personally, I think I'll be punting on the voldts...

Holz

just to maybee spark some talk i have made a team with a focus on players who have or likely will be traded, who should improve.

Goddard, Shaw, Deledio,hartlett, Grimes, Waters, Connors  (Siearokowski, ?  )
Ablett (C), Hayes, Ziebell, Barlow, Scully, Gaff
Renouf, I. Maric
Franklin, Fyfe, Cloke, Sidebottom, Vodlt, Brown, Porplyzia

the whole backline is either proven peformwers or players who have proven in at least 1 season they can score.

Ziebell: suspension is worrying but i feel with an improving roo side he could elavate his game abit like cotchin has done this year.
Barlow: cheap and is barlow
Scully: If he was at melbourne i would look at bringing him in but 3rd year rule and probably one of GWS best mids should play 20+ and do ok in a struggling team.
Gaff: the super sub thing at the start of the season has made hjim alot cheaper than he should be.

Renouf and Maric self explantaory now the number 1 ruckmans or might even go crazy get rid of these 2 and play Giles and Sandi.

Sidebottom: if in forward line is a lock would prefer beams being there but i would take either or both if F/C. Might even drop ziebeel for beams and load on collingwood.

Ziplock

I like it... only small issues being injury proneness there

like, come on, just list them
Hartlett
Grimes
Waters
Ziebell
Brown
Porps
even Scully

like thats just mindboggingling risky :P

Holz

If your going for the car you need to take big risks and hope they pay off e.g. Waters 2010.

Good thing about hartlett is his last injury was his shoulder not his hamstring. The shoulder injury could have occured to everyone its the hamstring that is the problem.

Grimes: yeah risky but if he plays a 90 average for 10+ games is a good pick.

Waters: risky in both injury nd scoring he is the guy a like the least. If i can afford it waters to gibbs in a heartbeat.

ziebell 2 freak broken legs isnt an injury concern in my book, at least if you dont take into account luck.

Brown strangely i think his injuries this year have made him less of an injury risk as he has probably extended his career a few years from the break. Hopefully sitting on the sideline and/or voss put some snese in him to not be as reckless.

Porps: if rookie priced no risk, if not is out of my team.

I dont really like scully i can see myself if i had to pick a team now going scully to a rookie and waters to gibbs.

Ziplock

I agree, it's worth taking the risk. But not on all of them.

honestly, from that list, I would keep probably
grimes
Ziebell
Brown
Porps

For sure.

and maybe Hartlett.

For some reason I'm not feeling scully or waters atm :P

Holz

Just made a team with the postion changes, teams looks more over powered than before, cant wait till prices come out.

Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Hartlett, Hanley, Grimes, Reid (GWS)           Sierakowski, Mohr
Ablett, Selwood, Hayes, Barlow, Ziebell, Wingard                              Mitchell, Shiel
Leuneburger, Hmac                                                                      Giles, Stephenson
Franklin, Beams, Fyfe, Robinson, Sidebottom, Brown, Walsh               Saad, Ugle

obviosuly the prices are still too low. the forward line is crazy. In my opinion gibbs should be a fwd/back and its a rip if he is a mid, the only reason i can see him becoming is a mid is because he averages too much for a back. If beams is a froward than gibbs should definitely be a back.

The byes are concenring i will have to drop 1 or 2 of the collingwood boys in the forward line and fyfe as i have 4 out in the bye. I have attempted to make a team without looking at the byes it has worked well except for the rucks, so might have to swap burger or hmac for someone else.

I have been able to limit the round 13 back madness to 3 with lids, goddard and hartlet 9 i doiubt hartlett will be a back though) so that should solve that

Im just ranting now.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on December 13, 2011, 06:56:46 PM
Just made a team with the postion changes, teams looks more over powered than before, cant wait till prices come out.

Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Hartlett, Hanley, Grimes, Reid (GWS)           Sierakowski, Mohr
Ablett, Selwood, Hayes, Barlow, Ziebell, Wingard                              Mitchell, Shiel
Leuneburger, Hmac                                                                      Giles, Stephenson
Franklin, Beams, Fyfe, Robinson, Sidebottom, Brown, Walsh               Saad, Ugle

obviosuly the prices are still too low. the forward line is crazy. In my opinion gibbs should be a fwd/back and its a rip if he is a mid, the only reason i can see him becoming is a mid is because he averages too much for a back. If beams is a froward than gibbs should definitely be a back.

The byes are concenring i will have to drop 1 or 2 of the collingwood boys in the forward line and fyfe as i have 4 out in the bye. I have attempted to make a team without looking at the byes it has worked well except for the rucks, so might have to swap burger or hmac for someone else.

I have been able to limit the round 13 back madness to 3 with lids, goddard and hartlet 9 i doiubt hartlett will be a back though) so that should solve that

Im just ranting now.

Goddard and deledio you don't need to doubt this season. Shaw is a nice one as a lot of people will be steering clear after last week. Harlett, if named as a back, could be valuable, and possibly break out considering port can't really do much worse this year. You've punted on Hanley having a second break out season... a bit unique, could pull it off but personally I'm not that keen on him. Grimes is seriously undervalued, and should be getting a 10% discount as well, for a player that could average 90, would be pretty sweet. You've punted on mature aged rookies from the looks of it (which GWS reid is that, sam or ben?). Fair enough I guess, they've shown to be decent scorers if you get the right ones.

Solid mids, I can't fault any of those choices.

rucks: I'm not a fan of leuen given he'll be sharing the ruck, which could depreciate his scores. Not massively, but at his price you really want a 100 average, and even 90 you'd be disappointed.
Forwards: Loaded. Don't really rate Robinson that much, but hey, his avg last year begs to differ.

really strong team. I have a bit of beef with your back line, but apart from that :P

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on December 13, 2011, 08:24:58 PM
Quote from: Holzman on December 13, 2011, 06:56:46 PM

Im just ranting now.

Goddard and deledio you don't need to doubt this season. Shaw is a nice one as a lot of people will be steering clear after last week. Harlett, if named as a back, could be valuable, and possibly break out considering port can't really do much worse this year. You've punted on Hanley having a second break out season... a bit unique, could pull it off but personally I'm not that keen on him. Grimes is seriously undervalued, and should be getting a 10% discount as well, for a player that could average 90, would be pretty sweet. You've punted on mature aged rookies from the looks of it (which GWS reid is that, sam or ben?). Fair enough I guess, they've shown to be decent scorers if you get the right ones.

Solid mids, I can't fault any of those choices.

rucks: I'm not a fan of leuen given he'll be sharing the ruck, which could depreciate his scores. Not massively, but at his price you really want a 100 average, and even 90 you'd be disappointed.
Forwards: Loaded. Don't really rate Robinson that much, but hey, his avg last year begs to differ.

really strong team. I have a bit of beef with your back line, but apart from that :P

im not too keen on hanley and burger to be honest, im just hoping gibbs is a back and hanley turns into gibbs, JZ goes down to a rookie and burger changes to gold/sandi