GWS Midfield Rookies

Started by Galea89, December 11, 2011, 10:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galea89

Hey guys,

I have been contemplating which GWS young guns to add in my team. Now with one less midfield bench it makes things a little bit harder when picking the right ones. What are your thoughts on:

Dylan Shiel
Adam Treloar
Steve Clifton
Stephen Coniglio

I think Coniglio will be a lock due to his pick 2 status, but I have heard that both Treloar and Shiel would have gone in the top 5 if they were in the draft and what I have seen of Shiel, he is a beast. Steve Clifton is a mature age recruit who is 24 and won their 2km time trial. IMO he will see game time due to his mature age status.

If you had to choose 2 or 3 for your team, who would they be?

scotty_222

Matty411

Mate, this is a difficult one and certainly one which we will be guessing until 6:20pm on the day before the Sydney v GWS game in Round 1.

If I had to guess right now I'd say they'd be in this order, however they will probs all see plenty of game time in 2012:

Adam Treloar
Dylan Sheil
Stephen Coniglio
Stephen Clifton
Dom Tyson
Toby Greene

Jukes

From those you just said Matty I'll be getting Dom Tyson

Fyfe_gun

With no byes this year you can afford to have three GWS mids.

Personally i rate Tyson over Coniglio just so he is my starter. Then i think it would have to go Shiel and your mids aren't complte without mature age so it has to be clifton.

theflyinghawk

Anthony Miles anyone?

averaged 102 last year for GWS compared to say shiels who was the second best with an average of 92

Jukes

Haven't heard much of this Miles, how much approx. will he start at? Might get him if he can get a first team spot and is cheap (under 100k).

theflyinghawk

rookie price, i would assume so, he was in their bests as many times as shiel/treloar were

Chopps

Quote from: Fyfe_gun on December 12, 2011, 01:18:07 PM
With no byes this year you can afford to have three GWS mids.

Personally i rate Tyson over Coniglio just so he is my starter. Then i think it would have to go Shiel and your mids aren't complte without mature age so it has to be clifton.

no byes?? i thought there were in rd's 11,12 & 13 we just dont know how it will effect DT yet

Jukes

Yeah 6 byes in rounds 11 12 and 13, hopefully Virtual Sports lets us have a 3 week mid season break to Arizona for some high-altitude training.

Matty411

Quote from: Jukes on December 12, 2011, 03:26:13 PM
Haven't heard much of this Miles, how much approx. will he start at? Might get him if he can get a first team spot and is cheap (under 100k).

Hadn't heard of Miles (like everyone else) until Warnie's post of DT Talk. Apparently is a real gun and may be in the rnd 1 team. Only problem is that he is very similar type of player to Ward/Scully... He should be the same price as Shiel so am considering going Sheil and Miles.

Preseason should tell all...

elephants

Mine currently are...

Dylan Shiel (absolute gun at basement pricetag)

And

Tomas Bugg (gun apparently and mpp)

rebird

Tomas Bugg, only played four games (due to studies) and was BOG on three of those.