FG's Fine Gems : Sam Jacobs

Started by Fyfe_gun, December 09, 2011, 03:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyfe_gun

Comes at a price just a tad under premium although last years scores were matching it with cox and co. Averaged 87 for the year but if you look at his finish to the year was averaging high 90s. His move to the crows from the blues opened him up to a number one ruck spot and he no longer had to play second fiddle to Kruezer or Hampson. 2012 will be his fourth season and at just 23 years of age for a ruckman the best is yet to come. With crows on the rebound under new coach Sanderson and a push up the ladder on the cards i would predict Jacobs to average above 95 if not in the 100s. For a big man (203cm) he moves around the ground well and gets plenty of touches.

SAM JACOBS YOU ARE A FINE GEM

DT Gun

This is just am opinion with no evidence unlike version of Deck of Dreamteam..

Last years scores did not match Cox.

Average of 87 compared to 107? Yeah guess he matched cox bahahaha

New Coach too, whoooaaaaa wooop wooop whats he going to do that neil craig didnt with jacobs, riddle me that?

And he averaged 13 touches a game..

Ziplock

however, he does play GWS, Port and GC twice each.

and, to be fair, all of adelaide sucked balls last year, with few exceptions (jacobs and thompson being notable from a fantasy sense). Who knows, if adelaide lifts, so may he.

DT Gun

I agree about Jacobs improving next year but for different reasons to fyfe guns, mine are as follows

Jacobs will be a good pick next year because he plays GWS, Port and GC twice
And Adelaide lose Moran and Maric so Jacobs will have to shoulder more responsibility this year

He is not a big disposal winner as previously stated by fyfegun, as he averaged 13 touches this year
New coach shouldn't effect his scores

I see him as the same type of ruckman as mcevoy actually, those 2 will be good picks

Ziplock

that I agree with.

does jacobs actually have anyone to share the ruck with :S

Boomz

Quote from: Ziplock on December 12, 2011, 01:05:29 AM
that I agree with.

does jacobs actually have anyone to share the ruck with :S

Jenkins is one but he wasn't even that good in the VFL last year so can't see him doing much... Mckernan & Tippett will probably have to chip in :-X

Cicjose

Fyfe_gun

He will share it with McKernan, Tippett and Jenkins. But like Lobbe at port last year he will spen majority of time as No.1

He did mtch it with cox towards end of year it was just the slow start that brought his average down. Towards the end of the year he was avergaing very high 90s just a few off Cox. Jacobs was in a bottom 8 side and Cox in a top 4.