GnR v MidPrice

Started by Matty411, December 14, 2011, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which structure will you be using in 2012?

Guns n Rooks - Traditional, Tried and True
8 (25.8%)
MidPrice Team - Too many good midpricers to go past
3 (9.7%)
Mixture of Both
20 (64.5%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 28, 2011, 05:52:46 PM

owenbond007

I voted Guns and Rookies but then i looked at my prelim team and had 11 premos and 6 mids. You would like to think a few mids would be keepers this year.

Think this site is great just joined a great place to find out information and share ideas. Think most of us might be stalkers.

Kuruki

I'm not going in with a set plan. I think it's more important to use what's in front of you,  rather then having a mindset beforehand.
I think mid price players give you better security knowing they are going to be in the side from day one. You dont need to have allot of them but there are a few goodies this season.
The trick is, finding the mid pricers that are going to make the step up to keeper, or even just hold there price so you can upgrade them using one of your cash cows. I never once had to downgrade two cash cows one week and then upgrade the next. My mid price players allowed for me to cash in one cow and make the step up to premium in the same week. I dunno if it's a benefit or not, but i sure as hell would have hated using two trades and seen no result the same week.
Im taking a risk this year and crossing my fingers for a few midish priced players to have breakout seasons. One in particular has me licking my lips.
GNR is good for making lots of cash, but i think it's just as hard to pick the rook's who will play allot of games as it is to pick the mid pricers who will grow in average.

I'm hoping my team will be a good blend of both. Rook's that are going to get plenty game time and midd'ys that are going to step it up.

Merry Christmas dreamers

Colliwobblers

i dont mind saying what and who im doing in DT as I'm a relative noob, but one that is learning fast.

Guns & Rooks is a no brainer it is simply mathamatically the best strategy if done right the guns score best the rooks make the most money.

End of story.

So for me it is which MID Price or maybe better identified as underpriced guns do I have to have and for me it is.

Barlow - underpriced
Waters - underpriced
HMac - worthwhile risk as i see him as potential gun scores and if not minimum $100k profit for upgrade anyway given his price now.
Sidebottom OR Zaka - underpriced for potential , not decided on which one yet.
Christensen - underpriced for predicted break out year
Trengrove - underpriced for predicted breakout year
Brown Dog - underpriced

I also have Martin and Heppel, but i wont clasify them as mid priced though they are value for potential once again.