Post Season Surgery

Started by bowyanger, November 02, 2011, 08:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowyanger

Hi There SC Nuts,

It would be really helpful if I were able to obtain information regarding players post season surgery...who had what etc.
Im thinking it would help identify any reasons some players didnt score so well this year. Also may determine any underlying issues with their body that would deter from picking up that player next year (211's big toe for example)?
This would also shed some light if such players will have a full pre season, not 1/2 a pre season, its also hard to gain an opinion when players are left out of pre season games purely because of risk of injury, not because they havent completed a full pre season training block.
I guess it would be hard to get an accurate list as there would be a lot of stuff kept away from the media....especially each teams MVP's.
It would be a good idea to start a thread with everyones known operations that have happened, but then I guess some 15 year old would fill the thread with fibs.

Ringo

Good idea

One that would be interesting is who have had LARS as opinions are now divided on how successful it is eg Staker now out for full 12 months with total reconstruction.

We know Fyfe had shoulder surgery at end of season for one.

meow meow

Heater has had hip surgery and isn't training in Arizona, so he won't reap the benefits of the high altitude training. I don't think it will effect him too much but it's something to keep an eye on.

valkorum

Half of the Fremantle squad :)

meow meow

All of the Bulldogs backline. Lake, Morris, Williams, Wood, Hargrave. Bob Murphy is the only one to escape. What on earth is going on in the world if that is the case?

bomberboy0618

Voldemort had minor shoulder surgery IIRC.