Main Menu

Our Rucks

Started by bunyip, November 21, 2010, 08:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Ottens has been pretty good I woudn't bet on him lasting long without getting injured though :-\

bunyip

I agree Boomz. He has shown so far this season (and previous) how important he is. The Cats are a much better side if he's in the team, no doubt.
The coaching staff will be keeping a close eye on him, and if he gets sore, he'll be rested straight away I bet.

bunyip

Otto leaving has left a gaping hole in our team. The difference between Otto and our second choice Trent West is huge. We won't be able to cover Otto leaving, it may mean a tweak in our game plan.
Still, it's not exactly panick stations. Westy, Nathan Vardy and Dawson Simpson are all exciting possibilities. I thought Westy did Ok in the GF actually.
There's also Tommahawk and jPod to pinch hit. We also have a player in the reserves called Mitch Brown who might pinch hit as well. He played a couple of games last season but didn't exactly set the world on fire.
So, whilst we won't have a dominant ruck team next season, we should be competative.

Cicjose

bunyip

Good news for Nathan. Hope he'll continue the good work next season. I think him and Trent West will be a very good ruck combo. With Dawson Simpson around, we look OK.
A young ruck team for sure, but lots of potential.

Cicjose

bunyip

Hard to say. I'll be watching his form in the pre season. You wouldn't think Geelong would recruit him if they didn't intend to play him.

Maca24

Orren and Trent will certainly be 1 and 2?
Whats this mean for Vardy?

Boomz

Are they going to try 3 rucks? Vardy as the fwd?

bunyip

They can't play everyone. Scotty showed last season that he wants Vardy and West in the team. Is it possible that the jPod is in trouble?

ossie85

JPod's getting older obviously... need back-up with Mooney out of the picture yeah?

bunyip

I read today his shoulder is still sore. I hope he'll be OK. We've lost some pretty good players over the last few seasons, but Otto will hurt the most.