stay away from number 6

Started by browny_wce, November 22, 2011, 03:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: browny_wce on November 22, 2011, 07:45:04 PM
Quote from: valkorum on November 22, 2011, 06:22:41 PM
Freo buck the trend here

1997 - James Walker (Fremantle, 1998-2007, 151 games, 16 goals)

He also won 2 x grand finals...... sprints
your exception is James Walker...wow  ???
Hahaha fair call.

Fenno

Quote from: bowyanger on November 22, 2011, 06:21:02 PM
Ive wondered a few times what mitch thorpe is up to nowadays
I reckon Lids was great from day 1. Im not a Tiger fan but put him  in a team that has been in the top 8 a fair bit and he would be mentioned in the same sentence as Ablett, Franklin, Judd, Pendles etc in my opinion. Only a few years ago he was all they had, now theres a bit more of a contribution from others such as push up, cotchin, Jroo, Nahas, Martin etc. Maybe because he is in the backline there isnt as much hype? He carried that team in the Wallace days at such a young age and copping a heavy tag.
He is a very consistant player.

Mitch Thorpe is now player/coach at South Launceston. lol

elephants

Conca, Rohan and Yarran will play 150-200 i reckon.

LaHug

Quote from: Ziplock on November 22, 2011, 04:18:15 PM
like, of the latest no.1s, watts, kreuz, scully and swallow are the only ones that haven't really fired.
Really? I though Swallow fired pretty damn well for his first season. Definitely outdid what I thought he would in a new team.

Ziplock

well yeah, he did well, but he's not exactly at the level of like swan, ablett judd, pendles etc.

but he's also not even 19 from memory, so fair enough :P

LaHug

Quote from: Ziplock on November 24, 2011, 03:03:01 PM
well yeah, he did well, but he's not exactly at the level of like swan, ablett judd, pendles etc.
I hope you don't honestly expect any draft pick to be at the level of Swan, Ablett, Judd, Pendles straight away. In fact, you shouldn't expect any player to ever get to that level. It'd be nice, but the likelihood of a player becoming one of the very, very best isn't very high. You just want them to be great.

ossie85

With the exception of Judd from that list, none of the others had brilliant first years.

Pendles had injury, Ablett took years to turn into the superstar he is, and Swan even longer.

Ziplock

ok, everyone just ignore the second part of my comment where I mention how young he is, so it's fair enough..

elephants

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on November 24, 2011, 03:25:42 PM
Pendles had injury, Ablett took years to turn into the superstar he is, and Swan even longer.
Ablett was a small forward at first. It wasn't until his move to the midfield where he became a Superstar 8). Sometimes all players need is a switch up in positions and they'll become alot better.

Quote from: browny_wce on November 22, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
also the fact that this draft pcik is owned by Port I may look to avoid it
Anyone think it might be Dom Tyson???
I really doubt Tyson will drop that low. Hopefully GWS play nice and allow Wingard to drop to Port. I'd assume he's their #1 target as he would like to stay in South Australia from what I hear. And he'll add to their midfield = Certainty for my team if so.

On the #6 theory, I think Williams is actually not that bad of a defender at the Dogs, just underrated.

PowerBug

Nails

Don't need your #6 to play 150 games... Just the first 10 of the season is good enough for me  :-X

Ziplock

yeah I doubt wingard will play 150.

that's mostly because I doubt port will last another 150 games though :P