My FanPlanner team for 2012!

Started by Herp Derp, December 02, 2011, 02:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herp Derp

Derp is Herp! Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Herp Derp. Salary cap left: $115,400.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Jack Grimes, Beau Waters, Brian Lake, Matthew Buntine
Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Marc Murphy, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Dylan Shiel
Tomas Bugg, Tom Mitchell

Shane Mumford, Matthew Kreuzer
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Alan Didak, Mitchell Clark, Jonathan Brown, Anthony Morabito
Jason Porplyzia, Dayne Zorko

I've gone with some fairly risky picks all over the park really with grimes, waters, lake, kreuzer, and then practically all of my forwards! It could end up as either a top 3,000ish team or languishing in the depths of 30,000 depending on the fortunes of those coming back from injury. I've heard a little bit about Tomas Bugg being an almost certain starter for GWS and am really just looking for a DPP link between mid and backs with that pick.

Has anybody got some ideas of Tom Mitchell vs Marty Clarke?

Some feedback would be brilliant!

j959

Quote from: Herp Derp on December 02, 2011, 02:44:23 PM
Derp is Herp! Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Herp Derp. Salary cap left: $115,400.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Jack Grimes, Beau Waters, Brian Lake, Matthew Buntine
Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Marc Murphy, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Dylan Shiel
Tomas Bugg, Tom Mitchell

Shane Mumford, Matthew Kreuzer
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Alan Didak, Mitchell Clark, Jonathan Brown, Anthony Morabito
Jason Porplyzia, Dayne Zorko

I've gone with some fairly risky picks all over the park really with grimes, waters, lake, kreuzer, and then practically all of my forwards! It could end up as either a top 3,000ish team or languishing in the depths of 30,000 depending on the fortunes of those coming back from injury. I've heard a little bit about Tomas Bugg being an almost certain starter for GWS and am really just looking for a DPP link between mid and backs with that pick.

Has anybody got some ideas of Tom Mitchell vs Marty Clarke?

Some feedback would be brilliant!
ok Derp ...

Def: don't mind the punt on Grimes/Waters, but not Lake for mine ... otherwise looking good

Mids: think i'll be making this comment everywhere - Lenny/Barls we just have to wait and see what price they are both goin to be at ...

Ruck: as with me other comment in someone else's fanplanner - this looks like a SC ruckline but still solid ...

Fwd: not sure on Cloke at top dollar, Dids could be worth a punt and is just whether the game has passed him by or not ... similar for Brown-dog. I'm watching Morabito too and have seen reports he's turned up to pre-season training at Freo looking less than motivated, watching that space ...

8 - i took of a 0.5 for your SC ruck line ...  ;)
(i'm harsh but i try to be constructive)

good luck Herp ...  :D

Herp Derp

Quote from: j959 on December 02, 2011, 04:41:55 PM

(i'm harsh but i try to be constructive)

Harsh is good! It means that if i get a better score then i know that i've actually got a good one :P I know what you mean with the SC ruck, but i reckon it should actually work out for DT too! If Grimes or Waters don't look the goods then I might go with Houli instead...
Your thoughts on Tom Mitchell or Marty Clarke?

TheMailman

T. Mitchell v. M. Clarke isn't really a question

T. Mitchell by miles on that one

Really Lake?

At the current stage he'd be lucky to get a game in the wb side.
Way too many downsides has Lake

Otherwise a good team

Herp Derp

Quote from: TheMailman on December 02, 2011, 07:11:41 PM
T. Mitchell v. M. Clarke isn't really a question

T. Mitchell by miles on that one

Really Lake?

At the current stage he'd be lucky to get a game in the wb side.
Way too many downsides has Lake

My only concern with Mitchell is game time, because he's an incredible ball-magnet and tackler but the only way he's going to rack up those numbers is if he plays!

Lake's being talked up quite a bit as if he really is getting properly fit again and looking hungry for a spot! And at that price, even if he only managed to get his average up to 80, he's probably the best option possible that I don't already have! I guess we'll all know come NAB Cup time though haha

TheMailman

As has been said before by some people in other threads

Lake has only had one good season. The rest have been average at best

The chance of him getting a game let alone being able to average something near 80 is highly unlikely

Herp Derp

I think you may be surprised if you look at his averages over recent seasons:
2007 - 78.2 from 20 games
2008 - 73.1 from 22
2009 - 81.2 from 22
2010 - 99.7 from 22

He easily has the capability of getting up to at least his 2008 average which would at least increase him from $240,000-ish to about $350,000! that's a fairly good increase and tbh i wouldn't be disappointed with him as my 7th defender or an upgrade option to someone more consistent

Herp Derp

i hope this helps to further shed some knowledge :D really wanna see him get back to his awesome form so he can be great for dt and sc for us all haha

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/126732/default.aspx

TheMailman

I'll leave Lake all to you guys  :P