Main Menu

GWS Rookies

Started by Cicjose, November 25, 2011, 04:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/126555/default.aspx

GREATER Western Sydney coach Kevin Sheedy has predicted four of his first round draftees will play in the Giants' first match on March 24 - and former Sandringham Dragon Liam Sumner will do everything he can to be one of them.

BGK

Only 4 doesn't sound great. I think it's going to be difficult to get GWS rookies who play all year long. However, I do think we have some very very good mature age rookies to choose from this year.

Cicjose

I'm tempted to have Stephenson on field instead of HMAC.....

demon_spud

Currently not looking at the top 5 draft picks considering prices and the other options out there, mature age as well as rookies who will get more game time.

Of course I might be burning 2 trades before rnd 3 if I haven't chosen wisely.

Voldemort

Quote from: bestguykai on November 25, 2011, 05:51:53 PM
Only 4 doesn't sound great. I think it's going to be difficult to get GWS rookies who play all year long. However, I do think we have some very very good mature age rookies to choose from this year.

We? I thought you were a Pies' supporter ...

Speculator

Surely there will be more than 4. Surely. If not, we may all be barking up the wrong tree with these gws rookies. Where the hell else are they gonna get their players from? They have 4 uncontracted recruits, 4 retirees, plus setanta makes 9. So with only 4 draftees playing they will require 9 others. Folau is one, so the rest must be from their existing list, plus whatever they recruit in the rookie draft. Maybe it is possible after all.

Ziplock

lol.

yeah, basically, it is possible :P

Flemo

Ignore the positions a little bit as I'm only using a guide

B: C.Cornes, J.Bruce, M.Buntine
HB: T.Bugg, P.Davis, A.Carey
C: D.Shiel, R.Palmer, W.Hoskin-Elliot
HF: L.Power, I.Folau, S.Coniglio
F: C.Hampton, S.O'hAilpin, S.Reid
1R: D.Brogan, T.Scully, C.Ward
INT: J.Giles, D.Tyson, G.Ugle
SUB: J.McDonald

They are expecting to also draft one more senior player that can fit into that group via pre season or rookie list.

I've only put in four players that they recently drafted focussing more on the senior players and also players that have been with them through the lower leagues.

Colliwobblers

yeah great so which are the 4 ???

i have cut down GWS players in recent team drafts i have mcdonald (senior)

and rooks - treloar shiel and giles

not feeling very adventurous and with all the money i made last year of SUNS rooks, i cant help feeling i may be trading GWS rooks in on the bubble if i underdo them on selection for round 1

Kuruki

hmm suddenly the mid price players are looking tasty. With GWS having so many young guns i can see them getting plenty of rest, slowing down the cash flow especially the mids. Alot of us are not picking up guys like Patton  Tyson or Coniglio because of there price, but chances are they are the ones that will get the game time.

Colliwobblers

yeah patton wont see much game time for the first half of the season he is out injured, but i think hayes coniglio and the back.... at around 175 will, question in are there rooks that are 104 that also will and make us faster and more money
rooks are irrelevant at this stage until we see who shines in nab cup and hear a lot more from the coaches and senior players in thier teams.