Trade Week Before 2012 Season!

Started by Torpedo10, November 27, 2011, 12:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 27, 2011, 01:34:26 PM
I thought we were doing that anyway PB. I agree with your Idea Nostradamus but I also think we should have a Draft before the 2012 season starts.
According to Holz and the front post of the original thread we aren't. Only drafting 25players or something.

And i voted 'No' to having a trade week straight away. That's why we have a draft, to get who you want. A trade week will screw things up as teams will make crazy trades and then it will become unfair.

Torpedo10

I understand your point PB but we would have to run the trades by Holz during the week and Confirm them at the end of the week. I also think that if it was a stupid trade either Holz would say because we would have to post the trade and if it was unfair to one of the teams then that coach would pick it up.

Ziplock

well, actually, it sort of makes sense.... but we'd have to do it before the national draft, so we could trade picks etc. as well.

Think about it, the AFL normally has trade week at the end of a season, before they participate in the national draft. For instance, GWS participated  in trade week without having ever played a season of AFL.

So, it kind of does make sense...

Torpedo10

PowerBug

And there will have to be a cap on how many trades per team?? I say three 3 trades max, and only 6 players can leave/enter your team.

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on November 27, 2011, 01:09:08 AM

then pick up a ruckman...
Haha class.

Yeah I like it, really think there are players I could use as bait to secure others.

Holz

Quote from: nostradamus on November 27, 2011, 01:06:03 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 27, 2011, 12:56:27 PM
That's a good Idea Scrads but I think we want to keep this really AFL realistic.

Agreed.....thats why l think we should have a trade period after the season finishes and before the drafts begin

......using the same trade period would probably best too IMO

that was exactly the plan

its not about crazy trades, as i will have a veto function or something on trades if they are too stacked. I think everyone can survive with the teams they have, Plus if we were having a trade time after this draft i would have stolen all the rucks. You have 25 min pick and the draft if you cant cover your lines than you are doing something wrong.

you could have 9 backs, 9 mids, 9 forwards 3 rucks if you want that should be plenty of cover.

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on November 27, 2011, 01:28:13 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 27, 2011, 12:56:27 PM
That's a good Idea Scrads but I think we want to keep this really AFL realistic.
If we want to do that then we should draft every player on the AFL list, because that's what the AFL does and it's what the SC version is doing too.

well with only 14 teams opposed to 18 there is no need to pick all, plus in real life there are 22 players in a team not 15, i feel if the draft goes too long, it will drag on and people will get bored. Also if you pick 25 afl players and get 4 pick in the draft that's 29 players. I think i will not have the game during the byes, so if you have more than 14 players out you might be in trouble. I might allow a mid season trade period mid season not sure though.

The plan was 35 players max, as teams will grow with each draft so maybee might go up to 30 picks, will see how it goes.