Fantasy Football in the off season!

Started by boof82, August 17, 2011, 03:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boof82

Hi guys,

I'm part of a fantasy AFL league which we call 'AFFL', and we are in need of a new coach to take on Melbourne.

Just to give you a little rundown of our comp, this is the 5th year of its existence and it is currently inhabited by 17 very keen and active coaches.

The game is based around Supercoach points. Every year a fixture is set up and teams submit their 22 to face off against one another in the hunt for AFFL premiership glory.

Teams must submit their 22 with respect to their players positions as given in the prospectus and Supercoach website.

The game is heavily based on trading, and it's not unusual for 5+ trades to go through every week. As mentioned we are a very keen group of footy fanatics/managers, and we are looking for someone who can add to that.

Our game features the ability to trade upcoming draft picks (the pick numbers themselves, not the upcoming players) all year round as well, with our very own National Draft, Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft taking place every year

We are also a great community with plenty of banter and a wide variety of opinions on the AFL which makes it a terrific site to be a part of. Very active community.

The team up for grabs is actually the most successful team in AFFL history, the Melbourne Demons. They have won the last 3 premierships and are favourite to take this year's out as well, although the competition for the premiership is a lot more fierce this year.

We are looking for someone who is knowledgable about footy and its players, is dedicated to the cause and someone who will fit into our nucleus of coaches well.

We operate on a forum, so if you are keen to put your hand up please visit us on - http://s8.zetaboards.com/AFFL/index/ - register and express your interest in the Coaching Applications thread.

Thanks guys!

ossie85

Very interesting :) May have a look. Have a soft spot for the Demons.

boof82

That's great ossie, just let us know if you have any questions about the set up.

Deledio2Conca

Would love for you to apply ossie :) What do you think of the site?

ossie85

Working through it :) Looks awesome though

RiOtChEsS

would love to throw myself into this :o

unfortunately id be being selfish as i could not guarantee my time available...

awesome opportunity for someone tho, love the vic clubs r all back too 8)

boof82

For those of you missing you fantasy footy fix the search for a new coach for the Fitzroy Lions has begun on http://s8.zetaboards.com/AFFL/index/
With the National, Pre-Season and rookie drafts starting shortly, and trading all year round there's plenty of activity even in the summer months.
Head to the site now to register your interest!