Main Menu

Top 50 Players of 2011

Started by ossie85, October 02, 2011, 11:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

I find it strange how last year Daisy was #9 on his list, and this year, despite Daisy having a MUCH better season, falls down the list!

Buddy a fair way down too....

Cruiseon

I'd have Buddy at higher than 7, I think I agree with your listing Os of having Buddy marginally ahead of Cloke.

PowerBug

Cruise, in another thread we were debating who should get chf in the aa team, and everyone was saying cloke over buddy, but now you say buddy's been better than cloke? I'm not singling you out but you said that somewhere and i'd like to know why you've backflipped?

ossie85

Cloke and Franklin are both outstanding CHF, but I feel Franklin plays the FF position better, so the team looks better with Cloke CHF and Franklin FF

Cruiseon

Quote from: PowerBug on October 07, 2011, 10:46:48 AM
Cruise, in another thread we were debating who should get chf in the aa team, and everyone was saying cloke over buddy, but now you say buddy's been better than cloke? I'm not singling you out but you said that somewhere and i'd like to know why you've backflipped?

Not sure I've ever said Cloke should be in the All Australian at the expense of Buddy. Curious if you could find it. They both have to be in there, top two goalkickers of the year, Cloke a better contested mark, Buddy the ability to single handedly win a game.

I may have said Cloke is more of a CHF but the top 50 is not about positions on the field, it's just who is the best.

hawk_88

The traditional roles of FF vs CHF are really negligible these days. All players run the field to be in the press. No one stays home, hell Buddy plays up the midfield at times.

To nit pick though, Cloke probably plays a role much closer to that of a traditional CHF than Buddy. Buddy doesn't really fit one mould anyway.

In a linear list, I know who I would rather have before the other though...