50 reasons why Geelong is better than Collingwood

Started by Voldemort, October 05, 2011, 04:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voldemort

reason number 1. they beat Collingwood in the GF of 2011  ;D

bomberboy0618

2. Chris Scott has never done a press conference about a piece of bread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQZQLgpuBVI
3. Or about superheroes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ro-XPMcESU&feature=related

Voldemort

btw is this thread has been created with the inspiration of Cruiseon's thread before

valkorum

Quote from: Voldemort on October 05, 2011, 04:03:19 PM
reason number 1. they beat Collingwood in the GF of 2011  ;D

Lets extend this to:  They beat Collingwood in all 3 encounters in 2011.

(ps.  Awesome Thread)

ossie85

Geelong supporters have a lot of class! When a Hawk, Bomber and Docker fan brag about how a team they don't go for beat another team they don't go for....

Geelong clearly a better side than the Pies in 2011. Pies clearly a better side than Geelong in 2010. Let's see what 2012 brings :)

bomberboy0618

Quote from: ossie85 on October 05, 2011, 05:08:37 PM

Geelong supporters have a lot of class! When a Hawk, Bomber and Docker fan brag about how a team they don't go for beat another team they don't go for....

Geelong clearly a better side than the Pies in 2011. Pies clearly a better side than Geelong in 2010. Let's see what 2012 brings :)
The rapture, surely you know that oss.
Wait that isnt what you meant is it...

Holz

I agree the cat fans i know seem pretty humble about winning, maybee they just got used to it.

valkorum

I find this thread amusing because of the perceived arrogance of the initial thread.

ossie85

Cruiseon

Quote from: ossie85 on October 05, 2011, 05:43:36 PM

Pies/Blues rivalry is a special subset :)

Both Collingwood's and in particular my arrogance is highly misunderstood by some in these parts. In the lead-up to both the GF this year and last there has been nothing but respect and admiration for Geelong whether we won or lost. That included attending the games. If I had to call a witness I'm sure Bunyip would support this.

But when it comes to Carlton then unleash the beast, guilty as charged, it is very different and doesn't reflect my (maybe our) general attitude to footy. But the Carlton fans know this and give as good as they take, it is a different sort of fun. Harder, dirtier and the gloves come off.

I won't disrespect the Dockers, Hawks or even the Bombers (ok maybe ANZAC Day), maybe a bit of cheeky fun every now and then but that is different to arrogance.   

Voldemort

The Geelong posters need a push, thus the reason for this thread

Ringo

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 05, 2011, 06:14:15 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 05, 2011, 05:43:36 PM

Pies/Blues rivalry is a special subset :)

Both Collingwood's and in particular my arrogance is highly misunderstood by some in these parts. In the lead-up to both the GF this year and last there has been nothing but respect and admiration for Geelong whether we won or lost. That included attending the games. If I had to call a witness I'm sure Bunyip would support this.

But when it comes to Carlton then unleash the beast, guilty as charged, it is very different and doesn't reflect my (maybe our) general attitude to footy. But the Carlton fans know this and give as good as they take, it is a different sort of fun. Harder, dirtier and the gloves come off.

I won't disrespect the Dockers, Hawks or even the Bombers (ok maybe ANZAC Day), maybe a bit of cheeky fun every now and then but that is different to arrogance.
Must agree with you Cruise you were extremely fair in your comments leading up to the GF so much so in some posts I think you were nearly conceding to the Cats. Enjoyed the banter between you and Bunyip because it was always based on both perceptions of what was happening with teams and players and accurate in observations.

PowerBug

I think, good on Geelong fans for not butting in, yet. They know that their team won the GF and that's all that matters. You don't need 50 reasons, coz every team is better than every other team in some way.

Even Port are better than Geelong at something: Which team did Port first beat in the AFL? Geelong.

But's that's not the thread, congrats to Geelong, that's all that matters currently, and tough luck Pies fans but when McGuire becomes like all other presidents and you get a humble coach, people will start respecting the team more :)

bomberboy0618

Quote from: PowerBug on October 11, 2011, 03:10:08 PM
I think, good on Geelong fans for not butting in, yet. They know that their team won the GF and that's all that matters. You don't need 50 reasons, coz every team is better than every other team in some way.

Even Port are better than Geelong at something: Which team did Port first beat in the AFL? Geelong.

But's that's not the thread, congrats to Geelong, that's all that matters currently, and tough luck Pies fans but when McGuire becomes like all other presidents and you get a humble coach, people will start respecting the team more :)
Port are also better than Geelong at being really really crap :P.