1st goal
Bartel 30-1
Pendlebury 32-1
Ottens 46-1

Norm Smith
Selwood 10-1
Ottens 20-1

Of note I never back the winner!

I'm getting nervous and about to head off to the ground. It is still pissing down here, bucketing in fact.

Good luck all and Go Pies!

bunyip

Well done cats. The best ever Geelong team ;D

Windigo

Collingwood's form was sub par for about 6+ weeks. You could see it coming a mile off.  ;D

Go Cats!

ossie85

True Windigo. The Pies form late in 2010 was poor also, so I was trying to look at that as hope.

Cruiseon

Congrats Geelong (Bunyip). No doubt the best side won on the day. Just finishing the post mortem & drowning of sorrows in Collingwood/ Fitzroy which is a vastly different vibe to last year. Also glad Jimmy won the Norm Smith, his name contributes to the most important individual medal in the game, not sure the name Hawkins would have done it justice (yet).

Enjoy your success & I hope we have the same banter, at the same time of year in 2012.

Windigo

A lot of people were whinging that Tom should have won it. No way, took some big grabs and missed most of his set shots. A few dribbled through goals ain't gunna win the Norm.

Bartel was the clear winner. Him of Selwood.

ossie85

And then Stevie J and Ling... Pendles and Daisy ahead of Hawkins also

bunyip

Thanks guys for making this such a fun year. Already looking forward to next season. Go Cats ;D

pyronerd

Quote from: ossie85 on October 02, 2011, 11:50:56 AM

And then Stevie J and Ling... Pendles and Daisy ahead of Hawkins also
Pendles and Diasy had lots of the ball but zero impact on the game IMO, especially Daisy every one of his possessions was a handball or chip to Pendles

roo boys!

I would have had a handy collect if Stevie J won it...who knows, if he had have taken that mark on the goal line with a couple of minutes to go and kicked another goal, he may have won it. Oh well.

j959

Great final - do the Pies supporters think that Jolly/Reid injury-carries were influential on the result?

ossie85

Quote from: j959 on October 03, 2011, 08:40:28 PM
Great final - do the Pies supporters think that Jolly/Reid injury-carries were influential on the result?

Yes.

Though Jolly was serviceable and probably better than the alternative (Wood), it would have been better if he could... you know... jump.

And Reid was clearly a step slower and tentative.

Not taking away from Geelong, who had their own injury problems (Pods, Stevie "Miracle" Johnson).

The more and more I think about, the more I think Tarrant was the Pies best on the Grand Final.

bunyip

I think you may be right Oss, but that may have been the problem, you really want your attacking midfield players to burn in a final. I thought your best player was Daisy.

j959

Quote from: bunyip on October 03, 2011, 10:26:35 PM
I think you may be right Oss, but that may have been the problem, you really want your attacking midfield players to burn in a final. I thought your best player was Daisy.
Pendles was also as reliable as ever ...

Cruiseon

Pendles was reliable but just not given the room to be his damaging self (all credit Geelong). Tarrant was very good.

Reid was miles off his 2011 best but that's the way it goes. Enabled Hawkins to exploit this which I previously never thought he would be able to do.

What struck me was how tight the game was. I don't think I saw a player bounce the ball at any stage, kicks to players alone on centre wing or running into space were so rare, even forwards leading into clear space 20-30 metres out was non-existant.

I just hope as time goes by, that the final margin doesn't detract from what a great Grand Final it was (despite the result  ;)).