If I was Mark Neeld...

Started by Maca24, September 18, 2011, 12:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

If I was Mark Neeld...

I never would have agreed to coach Melbourne :P

jk, jk, I love Scully :)

wait...

jk jk for real this time, best of luck to Melbourne, it won't make me look like a douche for picking Watts next year :P

Maca24

Nice work Purple.
Agree with most points, except some regarding draft picks.
Like I said in mine, and lure Gunston over with picks but your no chance of getting Goddard  :P
He could go to GWS for double what you would offer.
I agree, forwards look the best of the lot, just need a big forward (Gunston IMO)
Backs are also solid, although a CHB wouldn't hurt but not urgently needed.
Jamar should play (But call from me) and Sylvia should probably stay as well unless they could get something for him (He has signed a contract anyway apparently).
Davey is below standard and needs to move on.

hatta

FB: Garland, Frawley, Tapscott
HB: Grimes, Rivers, Blease
C: Trengrove, Gysberts, Jones
HF: Howe, Watts, Green
FF: Jurrah, Jamar, Petted
RR: Martin, Sylvia, Moloney
INT: Bail, Gysberts, Gawn,
SUB: Dunn

DRAFT: Firstly enough with the draft picks, we don't need any more young potentially good players, we ned some ready made experienced guys who can lead from the front, stuff the youth policy, DRAFT FEVOLA! Hes already familiar with half the team through the Casey affiliate and he is exactly what Melbourne needs, a big key forward who can mark and kick goals.

TRADE:
- Bate, Morton, Bennel, Davey, Warnock
Try and get a key forward or an elite midfielder. Say Davey, Warnock and two compensation picks for someone like Goddard ?
Why doesnt Melbourne head hunt a bloke like Roughead from the Hawks or Dawes from the pies who both are hidden by other star forwards ?

GAME STYLE:
Why dont you try the big russian at Full Forward? Capable of a big mark and not a bad kick on goal. Leave Martin and Gawn to do the majority of the ruck work.

Down back, Garland and Frawley take the key opponents, Rivers the third man up and have Blease, Tapscott and Grimes as the rebound attacking defenders who are all great users of the footy.

Up forward its simple, get a key forward who can bust the packs and take a nice grab, or atleast make a contest so other guys can have a chance to sneak in a goal.

The Midfield isnt that bad, Moloney is an elite player, Sylvia is capable or being one of the best in the AFL if he gets consistent and guys like Mckenzie, Gysberts, Bail and Jones can play their roles. Not to mention Trengrove could become an elite within another season.

PowerBug

DAVEY????

No-one will want him, he fits in Melbournes line-up doesn't he?

Purple 77

Cheers Maca! I didn't take the goddard thing too seriously anyway lol.

How heavy is Gunston? Would prefer him not to be too thin, it would save melb some years of development

Maca24

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 27, 2011, 07:01:12 PM
Cheers Maca! I didn't take the goddard thing too seriously anyway lol.

How heavy is Gunston? Would prefer him not to be too thin, it would save melb some years of development
Well he isn't that thin.
Has been kicking bags of 3-4 at adelaide this year so I reckon he could perform now and later.
Thoughts on Fev? Could get Fev and he can mentor Gunston?

Purple 77

well, its unfortunate that fevola is in his thirties otherwise he could stick around when melb become serious competitors. I think he would be a great signing, he would be cheap as well. I think he could mentor a young key forward, but Im not to keen on Gunston (details below):

Height   193cm
Weight   81kg
DOB   16-10-1991
Debut   v Brisbane, round nine, 2010
Games          
2011:   12
Career:   14

Goals
2011:   19
Career:   20

To be a key forward, he needs another 15 Kg minimum, but that is not all im basing my opinion on, i just think there is some current melb players and perhaps others that are on the market are a better choice, but again, that is my opinion. I think Watts and/or Howe or even perhaps lucas cook in the future could develop into a key forward role, but time will tell.

Further details of Gunston: http://www.afc.com.au/players/playerprofile/jackgunston/tabid/4506/playerid/21578/category/senior/season/2011/selected/bio/default.aspx

PowerBug

Yeah, myself and CF discussed this somewhere else, the Carlton board i think. The weight issue is all that stops him from being CHF coz he has the other attributes. But you've listed names who are probably just as good so i don't see a point in Melbourne recruiting Gunston.