Bombers Betting Scandal

Started by RiOtChEsS, September 02, 2011, 02:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

PowerBug

Well, it makes Port's performance seem less impressive :(

bomberboy0618

MTK

A couple of interesting points to make......

He lied through his teeth (Heath Shaw was open and honest from the start, and the AFL made the point that had a significant impact on the length of his sentence)

He bet on AT LEAST 3 games (Heath Shaw only one)

His bets (that we know of) are for $400 (Heath Shaw was for $10)

How did he only get 14 weeks???????? Should have got at least 12 months............

bomberboy0618

I would say that he is an assistant coach, so cannot affect the games as much as a player could

Justin Bieber

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on September 08, 2011, 07:36:18 PM
I would say that he is an assistant coach, so cannot affect the games as much as a player could
He didn't bet on Bombers games where I think Heath bet on Maxwell to kick the first goal? Although the amount was there, probably not as serious as he didn't (likely) have any inside information on the games.

But I agree with you MTK, certainly deserved more than that if they want to be serious about bets, especially big ones.

MTK

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 08, 2011, 07:48:07 PM
He didn't bet on Bombers games where I think Heath bet on Maxwell to kick the first goal? Although the amount was there, probably not as serious as he didn't (likely) have any inside information on the games.

But I agree with you MTK, certainly deserved more than that if they want to be serious about bets, especially big ones.

Apparently one of the games involved the Bombers, which make the decision even more baffling.....

MTK

Perhaps, but he bet on the result (and had inside knowledge of team selections perhaps??)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MTK on September 08, 2011, 10:39:22 PM

Apparently one of the games involved the Bombers, which make the decision even more baffling.....
Just heard on Foxsport news of his bet involving the Bombers. Bet $100 on Bombers to beat Sydney (The one Goodes missed after the siren) and won $300. Considering it's a bombers game, this it was a decent punishment considering his position as an assistant isn't certain once he's off the suspension.

Apparently 14 week suspension is harsh in the opinion of the AFL (Would have been less if he had co-operated with investigations).

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 09, 2011, 12:21:42 AM
Quote from: MTK on September 08, 2011, 10:39:22 PM

Just heard on Foxsport news of his bet involving the Bombers. Bet $100 on Bombers to beat Sydney (The one Goodes missed after the siren) and won $300. Considering it's a bombers game, this it was a decent punishment considering his position as an assistant isn't certain once he's off the suspension.

Apparently 14 week suspension is harsh in the opinion of the AFL (Would have been less if he had co-operated with investigations).

Maybe it was a lighter sentence due to the fact that Goodes could have easily won that game for the Swans after the siren. If Essendon smashed the Swans, it may have been different.

silloc

it was a lighter sentence because it wasn't useing any "inside" information. with collingwood, there was the use of info about nick playing up forward... so and outright head to head doesn't matter really.