Luigi and Bomberboy - The Story of the Best Friends

Started by Luigi197, September 05, 2011, 09:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Hey everyone!

Some of you may have seen me posting in the SC threads (although I must admit most of my posting was pre-season). I have dished out my advice, and have asked for help and advice as well. But what most of you probably don’t know, is that my team I have been managing this year, wasn’t actually mine only. It was a combined team, consisting of myself (Luigi), http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=36827 and bomberboy0618 http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3682. We are best friends outside the Internet, as we go to school together. BB (as referred to here on FF), introduced me to this site not much longer after he was introduced to it by, I believe, Hellopplz (or HP) http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1496 whom we met on a different Footy Forum named SuperRoach, which I have moved on from, and have based my SC help solely here!
We managed this team in the pre-season, as we talked about who to get and so forth. Getting a good team from the beginning is the key; hence most of our posts for both of us, have been in the pre-season. Then in between the weeks, trades, captains and emergencies were decided. We never fought over decisions, which worked out great.

TheSquadOfJets - Season Review

Total Score: 53,358
Overall Rank: 7,782 Ranked in top 2%
Team Value: $13,050,300

We used our last trade before the Round 23 lockout, and at that stage were in the Preliminary Final in all 5 of our leagues, but ashamed ourselves by losing in all 5, with a shocking score of 2,173.

Our biggest score ever was 2,424 in round 9, and our lowest was 1,922 in round 13. These are not including Multi-bye rounds. We knew after a couple of rounds, that our chance of winning overall was minimal, so we focused just on league matches.

From here, I would like to personally thank everyone here on FF for helping us achieve great heights in only my 3rd, and BB’s 4th season (I believe) of SuperCoach.
I would like to erge everyone to keep posting on this site, as this is a growing site which loves the activity going on! Soon enough, you will make it to Coach Status (3 stars) like BB and myself, and with that, you will be able to play in exclusive leagues that Ossie85 (oss) http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1352 sets up that is exclusive, and only available to members with the coach status here on FF.

Luigi :)

roo boys!

bomberboy0618

Yeah it is my 4th season. However the first 2 seasons I had no idea wth I was doing :P

North Melbournes Finest

Pretty cool! Good work. My first every serious go at SC this year, I didn't even realize the trade down to trade up method until half way through the year haha! I ended up 16,000. Was as high as 2000 after 2 rounds and as low as 34,000 after 21. Showed solid improvement over the final 7-8 rounds with my lowest score being 2300 and highest being 2552.

Hopefully next year I don't get a 1600 in the middle! Good luck to you guys if you choose to share a team again next year!

bomberboy0618

We will probably do a combined team but going solo mainly next year. Got to settle something with a mate of ours.

Luigi197

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that:

The reason i posted this, was not only to inform, but also, that despite our success, we wont be doing it together next season, to prove to anyone, that we will post likely be able to do just as good, on our own.
We might however, do a combined team again. and maybe keep a diary of it here on FF, but we will spend more time on our own teams next year :D

bomberboy0618

Hahaha the main reason you did something and you forgot to include it. Typical :P

RiOtChEsS

really good write up guys 8) nice work BB getting Luigi on board ;)

j959

Quote from: Luigi197 on September 05, 2011, 09:53:22 PM

The reason i posted this, was not only to inform, but also, that despite our success, we wont be doing it together next season, to prove to anyone, that we will post likely be able to do just as good, on our own.
We might however, do a combined team again. and maybe keep a diary of it here on FF, but we will spend more time on our own teams next year :D
i think most of the FF community already know that the two of you will do just as good on your own.  ;)

Luigi197

Quote from: j959 on September 07, 2011, 09:35:25 PM

i think most of the FF community already know that the two of you will do just as good on your own.  ;)

why thank you j! :) :)

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Luigi197 on September 07, 2011, 09:36:14 PM
Quote from: j959 on September 07, 2011, 09:35:25 PM

why thank you j! :) :)
Yeah thanks j :D