Main Menu

Collingwood's first final at Etihad?

Started by MTK, August 31, 2011, 10:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTK

Anyone else listening to SEN this morning?

I almost fell off my chair when l heard this.....so much for the top of the table team getting a home final. And not sure what our 70k members think of it either. Last time l looked, Etihad couldn't fit 'em all in!

8-6 Suited

Wont happen at Etihad. We already have the fixture for the 'G.

chatters24

I've heard the rumor, but it certainly won't happen! If it does then the AFL needs to stop smoking whatever they're smoking!

Ringo

Not a Collingwood supporter but agree if the First Final not at the G then Collingwood are dudded. They finished top of the leader and deserve it.

Cruiseon

I heard it as well but even the SEN were talking about it being raised but unlikely to happen.

Out of interest how many do you think an Eagles v Pies final at the G on a Saturday aftenoon would attract?

PowerBug

If you're top, you should get to pick which stadium. I'm Geelong won't mind the Pies playing at the MCG if it means they play a Skilled ;)

Andrew

Is the MCG finals rule that it has to get 1 game in each week of the finals? Pretty sure it's arranged like that. But unless Sydney finish 6th I'm sure the Saints will play at Etihad against them, and the rest at the MCG.

8-6 Suited

60-70k easily Cruise.

Collingwood supporters flock to big games, while Perth as a whole have always been mega supportive of their teams. Even int he A-League, they get behind them. They will come down by the busload.

PowerBug

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on August 31, 2011, 02:15:36 PM
60-70k easily Cruise.

Collingwood supporters flock to big games, while Perth as a whole have always been mega supportive of their teams. Even int he A-League, they get behind them. They will come down by the busload.
I like how you mentioned the A-League. Yes they are very loyal.

MTK

Quote from: Cruiseon on August 31, 2011, 12:28:03 PM

I heard it as well but even the SEN were talking about it being raised but unlikely to happen.

Out of interest how many do you think an Eagles v Pies final at the G on a Saturday aftenoon would attract?

70k sounds about right....

BGK

It's confirmed Colligwood V West Coast on Saturday afternoon at the MCG. Source is Robbo_heraldsun on twitter

8-6 Suited

Quote from: bestguykai on August 31, 2011, 02:54:57 PM
It's confirmed Colligwood V West Coast on Saturday afternoon at the MCG. Source is Robbo_heraldsun on twitter

It was confirmed weeks ago and never was going to be changed. Media hype is hilarious.

BGK

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on August 31, 2011, 02:59:58 PM

It was confirmed weeks ago and never was going to be changed. Media hype is hilarious.

Yes you couldn't really imagine it being any where else.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: bestguykai on August 31, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on August 31, 2011, 02:59:58 PM

Yes you couldn't really imagine it being any where else.

Particularly when Collingwood is the AFL's biggest money maker, they wont move us to a smaller stadium.

Master Q

Also heard about this. As long as Carlton v Essendon is at the G' I'm cool  :P