Main Menu

My DT Strategy this year

Started by myalup mullets, September 02, 2011, 07:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myalup mullets

Hi all,

I thought I might let you know how my DT Strategy went this season. I am living overseas at the moment and haven't watch a game this year but I think I have done well. *NOTE* My DT Strategy is to win the leagues I am in.

The basis of my strategy is to save trades, keep money in the bank and upgrade rookies to premiums.

Started with Premiums
Gibbs, Goddard, Connors (Worst trade ever  :() Broughton
Swan, Boyd
Cox, Sandilands
Franklin, Riewoldt, N, Sylvia

Then rookies Duigan, McKernan, Conca, Harris, Irons, Knights, Krakouer, Darling, Smith, Hibberd, Lower, Iles, Prestia, Stanley, Puopolo, Otten, Gaff, Vickery, Richardson, Matera, Swallow.

and $1.5million in the bank.

With my premiums i was annoyed with Connors (bad selection) Broughton came good for awhile, Sandiliands injury, Sylvia inconsistent and in and out of the side.

Upgrades:
Enright= ok season
Shaw= suspended  :(
Mundy= injured after one game
Swallow= went on to av 80 for the next 9 rounds
Ablett= gold
Pendlebury= class
Fyfe= consistent but would be nice if playing this week
Pav= injured now and average 80 after i got him
Goodes=Good
Scotland=Good
Suckling=not bad av 80 since I have had him
Cloke= ok
Deledio=Good
Rockliff=class
Fisher=av 65 last 3 games  :(
Johnson for the last two games.

Had a couple of really good cash cow rookies and some very average ones.

I scraped into the top 8 in 3 leagues and now are in 3 grand finals. However the one league I missed out on in the top 8 I lost 9 games throughout the season but under 50 points 50 points  5 of those games under 20 points  :'(

If a couple of injuries went my way I could of had a very successful season  :)

Future plans
next season I am going to try the same strategy, but with 2 more premiums. Just so I can win those early games of the year

PowerBug

Team: PowerBug
Aim: Win leagues
Starting $$: 17,800
I went in 14 premiums:
Backs: Gibbs , Goddard , Deledio , Carrazzo
Mids: Swan , Boyd
Rucks: Cox , Sandi
Fwds: Green , Didak , NRoo , Higgins , Goodes , Pavlich

I didn't start with Franklin or Pendles, not sure why. Also in the midfield i had two mid-pricers: Brad Sheppard , Gary Rohan.
After round 2 with both Curnow and Liberatore scoring i downgraded my mid pricers to those two rookies.
In Round 4 i made possibly the worst trade of the year by anyone. Carazzo after his 35 to Chad Cornes. Terrible. Also picked up Adcock that week.
With my love of uniques in Rd 7 i leveled out the Cornes trade by going Libba to Matt Priddis and NRoo to JRoo which turned out to be a waste.
If Carrazzo >> Cornes was bad, then Rd 9 trade of Cornes >> Hargrave was terrible. He only had played one game then and it stuffed me up big time.
Trading regularly throughout the season and Rd 15 saw Sandilands and Didak >> Lobbe and Pendlebury.
But the trade that leveled out Cornes >> Hargrave was Rd 21's trade of Lobbe >> Mumford. Tossing up between him and McEvoy all week, i went with the unique one and when i lost an elimination final by 1 point, i thought i made the wrong call. But the last two weeks Mummy'sd scores of 144 and 135 showed that i made the right call., just need him to back that up one more time.

Overall, out of the 4 leagues i played in, i'm in 3 grand finals which i should win all 3. Ranking after Rd 23: 14'478, that being boosted by the last two weeks inside the top 4k.

Spite

I tried this too, but left a whopping 2.5 million for trades at the beginning. I scraped in for 8th but lost week one of the finals.

I scored 5 consecutive under 6k weekly scores. (1,2,4,5,6k weekly ranking through rounds 16-20)