Last trade - icing on the cake with which mid upgrade?

Started by MsHighkick, August 29, 2011, 09:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsHighkick

1 trade left, cash not an issue - was planning to go for Ablett, but not so convinced with his last few weeks.

Current mid is Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Thompson, Montagna.

The stats on Rockliff are pretty convincing, but he is playing Sydney which is a little bit offputting.

Other options - Mitchell? Redden? Murphy? Selwood? Van Berlo?

Thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated!  ;D

jakeoner1

Cicjose

MsHighkick

Hmmm.... two votes for Mitchell. And you are not put off by his "injury"?

bundyboy

murphy or rockliffe 4 me...

dont worry about sydney... rockliffe is a gun...

plugz19

PowerBug

Priddis!!!! or Mitchell. "Apparently" Priddis could be one of those rested this week.

chatters24

Easy choice as far as I'm concerned, Mitchell against a very tired Gold Coast. Just remember what Scott Thompson did to them just a couple of weeks ago!

MsHighkick

Thanks to all for suggestions!

I am coming around to the idea of Mitchell once I realised Hawthorn were playing GC, so I agree with you there Chatters.
He probably would be quite a good captain option actually. Not sure if my opp will stick with Swan and whether I play safe and do the same or take a punt and be different. We only have 7 players different (assuming he makes no trades).

So I'll stew over Mitchell v Rockliff for a few more days..... :D

I am also weighing up starting Butcher over Brent Harvey - I got him as bench cover last week as I didnt have any (and I wanted the cash for the above trade) but its tempting now to start him. Anyway, the choice might be taken away if Fyfe doesnt play!