Fwd or Back ?? where to get the best bang for buck ??

Started by bundyboy, August 29, 2011, 07:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundyboy

ok - so in 3 different grand finals, so need to make my last trades count.

Mids and Rucks locked.

2 Trades left and $76k in the bank - so wanting to try get best points improvment from trades in back / forward or both

current backs :
Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio,Enright, Stanley, Puopolo, Petrenko......Adcock Heppel, Lower

Current fwds :

Fyfe, Goodes, Franklin, Chapman, Petrie, Riewoldt,Mzungu.....Yarran, I Smith, C Richardson

Thinking that Petrie might be a week link, and Adcock/Puopolo also might be the weakest down back.

I want Heppel > Scotland, to top up back line, but gives me no real cash to improve forward line
OR
Petrie/Smith > Cloke - but then gives me no real cash to improve back line

Ok - over to alll you super coaches out there.....which 2 trades to give the best result??

all ideas welcome ... don't be shy ! ;D

fertalong

Hepell to Birchall is a straight swap and Birchall has GC next week so should ton up.

That leaves you with 77k which is just enough to do I.Smith to Cloke.

plugz19

Quote from: fertalong on August 29, 2011, 09:00:58 PM
Hepell to Birchall is a straight swap and Birchall has GC next week so should ton up.

That leaves you with 77k which is just enough to do I.Smith to Cloke.
good trades

hardnut

Heppell>Scotland, Fyfe>Didak? He may kill it with Thomas out as he'll get even more mid time in a low impact game, I smell a 100+ for Dids coming.

dale93

Heppell to Suckling then Mzunga to Lecras i smell points at patersons against the Crows :)

Grazz

Fyfes out isnt he so the best fwd upgrade would be Fyfe to whoever you like. Wait for teams Friday arve as rumour has it
Birchall pulled up pretty sore so if he doesnt play you can:

1) Heppell to Scotland then Fyfe to Rok, Gray, LeCras, Rioli or J Riewoldt who are the best options with the cash you have left imo.
or
2)Heppell to Fisher then Fyfe to any fwd you like
or
3)Heppell to Birchall then Fyfe to any fwd you like (Check Fridays teams for availability)
or
4)Heppell to Suckling then Fyfe to any fwd but Johnson

bundyboy

thanks Grazz

fyfe now out puts another spin on things..and cloke's poor form against the cats is my other thinking point...

heppell > scotland I think sounds good, but then fyfe to who....i'm actually thinking didak will get a good run...and best of a pretty sad bunch at the moment for forward choices that I don't have already...

Grazz

Yeh i reckon your right mate, they will want to get another full game into Dids before finals and with Thomas out i dont think the sub will come into play with Didak. Goodluck mate.

chatters24

Avoide Cloke this week.... averages just 67 in his past 7 games against Geelong. I personally would consider someone like ROK against Brisbane, particularly when there's an opportunity to pinch a home final too so they'll be on!