3 trades left. What to do with them?

Started by leighroids, August 26, 2011, 01:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leighroids

Hey all. really need 2nd, 3rd, heaps of opinions here.
Ive got 3 trades left, but not 100% sure what direction to go in. Im thinking 2 this week, 1 next week. BTW, im in 4 prelim finals here. 22k atm in the bank also.
Team is
Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Fisher, Enright, Hurn, Puopolo (Duffield L Thompson, McKernan
Pendles, Judd, Ablett, Swan, cross, Montagna (Heppel, Jacobs, Callinan
Cox, Smith, (Griffin Keeffe
Goodes, Booma, Buddy, Stevie J, Chapman, Jroo, Mzungu (Sylvia, Darling, Howe

Im thinking this. This week, trades Gibbs for possibly Birchall, bock not sure. Then get rid of Griffin for Sandilands (will just have enough if i do gibbs for Bock), or even go a mumford, but then ill need to make more cash in the gibbs trade.

Then next week, use my last trade as to where i really need it. Possibly go Heppel to Fyfe, use him as MPP for last round (flat between mids, forwards).

I know im in quite a good position with 3 trades and all, but im really stuck here. Coming into the really important times here, and i need your expert opinions please.
Is my team good already i dont trade this week? Should i use my current ruck combo, or even do griffin to Ottens. make 20k or so? Im sure theres heaps more questions i can ask. Most ppl im playing have the cox sandilands combo, 1 has cox jacobs.
The 4 teams im playing all have quite similar squads to myself. A few have Bock BTW, all have Gibbs. I dont think they have trades left, not 10% sure on that.
Ill b doing trades tomorrow night (friday) just b4 lockout, so the more opinions i can get b4 then will b great.
If anyone can think of even completely different ways to go about these next 2 weeks, then ill love to know.
Your help will b much appreciated.  :)

rsawry23

A unique pick up for Gibbs could be gibson. Will play on hall and just like birchall and suckling will get a lot of cheap backward kicks. He is a big tackler so a lot of points there. After that I would then look at griffin to leuenberger. Been in hot form of late and being the only ruckman in the side will play most of the game. Plays like another midfielder and wins a lot of hit outs + a lot are to advantage. Hope I helped you out a bit mate  ;D

Ringo

As you are only allowed 2 trades a round You defintely need one this week.
To get cash I would L thompson to Tutt who will most likely play the next 2 games

then just assess wher you need to upgarde to negate your opponents this week and next. I think Duffield may go big this week as he will be forced to midfield which will help his scores and will provide coverage for Gibbs and you will have emrgency in Tutt.
Heppell to cover Judd.
maybe if you want a second trade this week Griffin to Mumford, Leuenbregger or Goldstein or for increased flexibility Sylvia to Bob Murphy allows you to switch with McKernan

leighroids

Thanx for the ideas guys. I ended up trading Gibbs for birchall in the end. Last time he played the doggies got like 130 and has gold coast next week and killed it against them also. I figured birchall should score more against gold coast than what what Gibbs will score against saints next week. I hope. I then ended up going griffin to mumford. It was a toss up between him and leungberger. Got I trade left and got 60k to spend next week.