Main Menu

Gibbsy

Started by Davoo, August 22, 2011, 07:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davoo

trade him out this week? or field jacobs from port. really dont want to but bench cover is horrible. have murphy, gibbs and sylvia not playing this week. what should be my top 2 priorities for trading? have mzungu that could be decent cover for murphs or sylvia. thoughts?

chaosAD

I think having Gibbs next week will be a huge plus as most won't have him!
I would trade Murphy to another gun and maybe just play Gu unless u have good cash and can get another gun for Colin ?

Flame

Think I will keep him! Too many other issues!

97crows98

You need to do whatever it takes to win this week otherwise there will be no next week.

Davoo

thats the thing. im going to have to play jacobs probably... if i trade gibbs then i have one trade left which will be for murphy or sylvia? hmmmm

BGK

I think you have to use one of your trades on Sylvia. At least your 2 Carlton players will be back next week.

love it

Im hanginf onto him, but mainly as I have good cover for him, and not overly worried about this weeks game!

maccar86

gibbs to suckling (good run for the hawks, plays gold coast in the DT GF)

sylvia to the highest scoring forward who you dont have.

a) you dont want to field rookies if you can get away with it.
b) you dont want to be knocked out and still have trades.

Holz

Quote from: chaosAD on August 22, 2011, 08:13:36 PM
I think having Gibbs next week will be a huge plus as most won't have him!
I would trade Murphy to another gun and maybe just play Gu unless u have good cash and can get another gun for Colin ?

i think most will have him i dont see that many people trading out gibbs, i have gibbs and scotland and im getting rid of scotland. I dont see many people trading out a player unless they have 2 or more on the line.

BillMurray

I traded Lower to Bock as my 8th defender so I could keep Gibbs for the grandy (if i get there). He's by far the best defender and anyone having to trade him hasn't planned well at all imo...

maccar86

you guys are on drugs.

if you keep gibbsy and play a rookie who could very possibly get you 50 points and you lose, then you have trades, you have gibbs, but you are out of finals.

you cant keep trades and premiums on the bench and hope your rookies whip out a big score.

im going gibbs to suckling and sylvia to chappy this week.

Holz

Quote from: maccar86 on August 23, 2011, 03:49:07 PM
you guys are on drugs.

if you keep gibbsy and play a rookie who could very possibly get you 50 points and you lose, then you have trades, you have gibbs, but you are out of finals.

you cant keep trades and premiums on the bench and hope your rookies whip out a big score.

im going gibbs to suckling and sylvia to chappy this week.

i do agree but i think most people like me have 1 decent bench option i have Gram in the backline and Didak up front. So DIs can cover syliva for the next 2 weeks (probably better) and if i didnt have 2 carlton guys i would just keep the one i had. But because i have 2 and i agree with your point the only rookies im going to play are heppel and I.Smith the rest of my team will be premiums.

So brining in sucklin this week and hope he can give me 200+ for the next 2 weeks.

maccar86

holz, i guess it depends on what cover he has then.

your cover seems fair, but i know in my case for example i have 3 pretty average backs.

mzungu is perfect cover for sylvia, hes probably scored more the past 5 games and will play the last 2.

id just be worried if you have crappy cover and keep gibbs and trades only to lose, then it seems wasted to me

Chelskiman

I think I'll keep him.  My opponent is flowered though.  Already has Gibbs and Scotland out plus he has Sylvia and Pav.  This is great news for me as I get my Cats back this week after a rest and I actually have enough cover to not even make a trade this week and still be fairly confident of a victory.

Davoo

yer, well i dont think jacobs is good cover. will get gibbsy out probably