is this a smart trade?

Started by wardie, June 30, 2009, 07:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wardie

My team currently is:

BACK
enright, Adcock, hurn, p.burgoyne, goddard, broughton, grimes  (raines, drummond)

MID
Ablett, Lids, Bartel, j.selwood, rich, dal santo (muston, collins)

RUCK
Cox, white (graeme jacobs)

FORWARD
pav, J.brown, Buddy, S.jono, Fev, Higgins, m.clarke (walker Brown)

I have 76k in bank and 7 trades.

Was thinking of the following trades

CLARKE - DAVEY

HURN - HODGE

will leave me with about 40k and 5 trades. I know my rucks need work but looking at KOSI in coming weeks as he has a high b/e currently. cash will come from downgrade of raines.

bombers123

why trade hurn he is a SC gun. i would focus on trading raines to silvester or someone cheap and white to someone.

wardie

I know he is and i have had him from the start but always had in my mind i would upgrade him at some stage.

Thought hodge was definatly needed to be successful tho. I have Rich in mids his b/e is around 80 this week.

Maybe RICH - HODGE would provide more value?

antman

like the clark to davey trade

Hawks_1976

Bombers123 is on the money.
White is easily the weakest link in your side.
Cash Raines in for Silvester or Pearce.
Upgrade Graham to a Sandi/Jolly/Hmac and put White on the bench.

freezer

Your backline is pretty solid.

I agree with the ruck upgrade. Davey is having a great year too and is quite reasonably priced at the moment.

But try to conserve your trades, especially if you have cover on the bench.

wardie

Think i will hold onto trades for this week and wait and see what happens with KOSI and boomer. Hopefully CLARKE can get somewhere near his b/e and hold price and will make the trade for boomer next week and hopefully with the cash i already have can make the KOSI trade into rucks.

Does anyone know officially what HARVEYS b/e is?

bombers123

some people are saying 13 and some are saying 170ish.

wardie

Think it must be higher than 13...

Will hold off on trades tillnext week. With St Kinds playing geelong there might be some cheap premiums floating around next week.

nathanswards

Brent harveys breakeven is 178 from what i know. but i the reason people are saying 13 is that fanfootys official breakeven doesn't count his 0.

wardie

so with a 100ish game boomer should come down about 30k??

Think i will hold off one week and hope CLARKE can get somehwhere near his b/e and hold value and make the CLARKE - HARVEY trade next week which should save me about 20k which will be important in the ruck upgrade also.

Alex7089

Yeah Clark has been going really well I would keep him for sure.

wardie

i have kept him so far but i think that trades will have to be made soon. I don't know how long he can keep up his form. I think if he reaches about 480-500 then he should be a straight swap for a premium.

Loking at L.DAVIS as i think his scoring potential is massive alough he is out of form slightly i will wait for him to bottom out and hopefully with collingwood pushing for finals he will start to improve along with PENDLES they are musthaves with the price they will be.