What type of player should we use our top draft pick or trade for?

Started by Purple 77, August 14, 2011, 01:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Please comment on your vote especially if your tick a trade option, tell us who you have in mind. Me personally, a ready made key forward is my first option, but it is more likely to get that player if you trade for him. In this case, there has been strong talks of sylvia moving to sydney swans, if this happens, i think we should get Sam Reid.

If not a ready made Key forward i would say trade for a quality midfielder. Again using the Sylvia talks as an example, if he were to go to sydney, why not ask for someone like Kieren Jack? I know it seems unlikely, but that is the sort of player we should look for, a tough, quality midfielder. Just bear in mind a lot of clubs especially sydney really rate Sylvia, (i don't, he's too lazy) which means we could get someone better than sylvia that can actually impact our team.

ossie85

I'd go for a midfielder, and trust the forwards you are developing will come on

Or grab Fev :)

CrowsFan

I would have thought that Melbourne had enough good midfielders in their side for now. Scully, Trengove, Jones, Gysberts, McKenzie, Moloney, Morton etc...

ossie85

Disagree. The Demons midfield lack class... especially if Scully goes.

I still rate Jurrah and Watts to eventually be able to fill those roles, and the Demons defense I think is actually in decent shape (though Rivers needs to improve).

MTTY

Trade Cale Morton to GWS for a first rounder draft pick and pick up either Matthew Buntine or Michael Talia.

Purple 77

yeah i agree, just take what morton did in the first quarter against the eagles, which by the way we are getting flogged... AGAIN, watts worked very hard to get the ball out to morton, he was 20 metres out on a slight angle, he decided to dribble it through which ended up going straight to a west coast defender. He makes so many skill errors which are so costly! By the way west coast got a goal out of that as well.

hawk_88

Quote from: MTTY on August 14, 2011, 02:38:46 PM
Trade Cale Morton to GWS for a first rounder draft pick and pick up either Matthew Buntine or Michael Talia.

If you think Morton is worth a first round draft pick you are seriously misjudging his ability and worth.

Melbourne has to think long term. You aren't necessarily going to find a ready made key forward in the draft and even if they are, that doesn't mean long term they will be the best one. However, if available, a key forward of the future would be my first pick.