Time to leave it on the field...

Started by Very Ltd, August 16, 2011, 05:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Very Ltd

Hey guys,

Round 21 was a disappointing week for me  - scored 2349 and lost both league games. Out of one league and still in the other.

I've got 3 trades up my sleeve. Need 1 to trade Stanton in Round 24. Thought it would be best to trade hard this week to secure a place in the Prelim Final. I figure it's not worth having 3 trades and no games right? Better leave it all on the field.

I've got Chappy and Bartel. Mzungu to cover Bartel in the midfield. Trades:

First, planning on trading Chapman to Cloke. Thoughts? Is Cloke worth the risk after his 66 on the weekend? Or do I trust he's form this season? Note: already have Fyfe, Pav, Goodes, O'Keefe, Franklin & Reiwoldt (Howe is the only semi-decent cover on my bench).

Second, planning on trading Heppell to Birchall. Maybe I am being hasty after Heppel's forgettable 68...? Birchall over Fisher you reckon? I have Gibbs, Goddard, Delidio, Broughton, Suckling, Adcock (Stanely, Puopolo, Talia on the pine ).

Cheers
Very Ltd

kkillers

Well I dont reckon Cloke is the player i would like my money on if the game depended on it.

This is my Second year of DT , and i think i have made more Bad decisions than last year.. But I know they where bad ..

But do you know what my one good decision was .. Trading Shaun Higgins out for Leon Davis..

Since Shaw has been out Davis has taken over the running game out the back with Harry  His scores in the last few weeks have been Outstanding.

Of course its a risk .. But Leon DAVIS .. got me through a very important league when all looked hopeless..

So my vote for a forward is LEON DAVIS...  he is Unique , and coming of some stellar form.. (and cheapish although not as cheap as when i got him)

Talking about Shaw I did go Shaw to fisher - hes scores have been alright But for his price I was hoping for more than Alright again I think a better option than fisher is Nathan Bock...

Cheap .. Unique .. and is in some good form... Plus he plays in the back line for Gold coast... the BALL IS ALWAYS THERE ..

Just my few ideas to try and help out ..

Windigo

I'd go Cloke. Form has been stellar this year.

Fisher and Birchall score about the same. But I'd rather Fisher.

Very Ltd

Bock and Davis certainly were not on my radar.

Strangely,  Cloke would be a unique choice in my league. No one in the top 6 has him. My main competitors have a ye this week, mean it's unlike they will trade out the likes of Chapman and Johnson. Having Cloke could give me an edge in the coming weeks. Particualrly given he plays Brisbane and Fremantle in the next two weeks.

As for Heppell, the guy I'll likely play in the Prelin has Fisher and the guy I'd likely play in the Grand final  has Birchall. I think trading Fisher would be a defensive move in the shorter term but a potentially aggressive in the Grand Final. Though obvisouly the outcome of a DT match does not rest on the performance of just one player!

Any thoughts given the circumstances?

Cheers

kkillers

I am a Collingwood fan so I do watch the Collingwood games where i get the chance...

When Cloke is in form he can Win a game of his own boot ... But he quite often has quiet games

He has done quite well recently

Saints kept him to 66 with a pretty good job stopping the ball coming in freely to him ..

Essendon did well to keep him to 83 by a strong big man tag in Ryder

Generally though against the weaker teams like Port Adeliade he scored well (but i think half the team of collingwood tonned up that night)  , gold coast he scored 119 , melbourne 117 ....

So yes .. You might be right to get Cloke in for the next 2 rounds... But against Geelong for the Grand Final ... last time he only scored 74....

And remember with Cloke... hes so Hot and Cold... if he is Cold... then be prepared for the tears...

all i know is my mate went with cloke...and thanks to his 66 last week.. my mate is no longer in the league comp :)

I reckon the idea of FISHER isnt a bad one... i mean in the next game it will just negate the player so doesnt matter what he scores but in the final .. birchall plays gold coast... So he probably wont see the ball down in the back line :)

So definitly fisher ..  Cloke is still well i reckon his scores will go down when dawes returns to take some of his leads/goals.. so really bit of a risk .. but your team ;) .. he might star and kick 10 goals next 2 weeks in a row

Very Ltd

Appreciate the feedback mate!

I think I am turning towards Fisher - seems like a 'safer' option, if that's at all possible.

I did a little comparison between Fisher and Birchall. See below.

Birchall
Season Ave = 89
Last 4 Ave = 80
2011 Score Against Upcoming Opponents: carlton (NA), Dogs (129), and Suns (101).

Fisher
Season Ave = 88
Last 4 Ave = 88
2011 Score Against Upcoming Opponents: Sydney (NA), North Melbourne (95), and Carlton (110).

The return from both players looks promising on recent history. However, Fisher is more consistent and has outscored Birchall in recently.

thatguy

the problem with getting cloke in is he plays the cats in rd 24 and has a very ordinary record against them. he may get you to the decider, but prob wont win it for you

Grazz

Have both lean towaeds Fisher to,tried and tested.