final trade advice please

Started by fever, August 19, 2011, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fever

trying to help my dad win his league. since the mods insta-move any post with relevant info (aka your team), i'll re-post with less info.

he has one trade and 85k in the bank.

given the cats bye this week he is forced to play mzungu, jacobs and talia on the field this week (same next week too with carlton bye).

atm his mids are: swan, pendles, murphy, boyd, chapman, montagna (jacobs, bewick, callinan)

i was thinking that he should look to upgrade jacobs in the mids to either boomer, gaff, i smith or doughty. who do you think out of those? any other suggestions? total 312.6k to work with if i choose to upgrade jacobs.

if you want info re the rest of his team ask and i'll post it, or you can check my thread in rate DT section

SydneyRox

Tough call. IMO

I would trade out chapman to the best available mid (say Mitchell or Dalsanto). Chappys form has been patchy at best and an upgraded midfield this week will probably get him through. Most people have Murphy/Gibbs/Scotland or some combo, so you wont be in as bad shape next week and probably the same as the person you are up against

fever

interesting point. i'll check his league to see the other teams he's up against.

as for other mids, who would you recommend? i'm thinking mitchell is a better option than NDS but not sure bout DT.

the problem with trading chappy is that next week i'd have to play mzungu in my mids and have no fwd or mid cover (assuming bewick, callinan and richo all stay dropped).

edit: oh i'd have jacobs as mid cover, but no fwd.

GoLions

jacobs to boomer. then you'll have 6 premium mids playing this week and next barring injuries/'general soreness'

SydneyRox

Well, if it helps I went Chapman to Boomer myself today.

Going to be one of those big picks if it comes through.

Davoo

im trading chappy. he hasnt really been a great pick-up for me this year anyway.

fever

my dad/i took the more gambling- but potentially higher return- option and went chappy->mitchell.

thanks for the advice. just need to cross fingers for him that his team stays injury free because cover is sparse.