Heppell ---> Fisher

Started by SOS#1, August 12, 2011, 11:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOS#1

Is it time to pull the trigger now?

Similar break evens and price but -

Fisher is playing collingwood (past scores pretty decent) but looking at the line up he may recieve a fairly defensive role which would hurt his scores.

Will get rid of Heppell over next few weeks anyway so should I do it now?

Fireballz

I was gonna say yes before I looked but after checking the stats the trade seems sideways. I traded Heppell mid-season :(
If you have nobody else to upgrade in ur defense then make the trade. I expect Fisher's price will rise more than Heppell's so if you're going to make the trade anyway due to the dons bye, you'll only lose money by waiting a week.

j959

bit sideways yes, but Heppell has a bye to come.

i'm doing it this wk cos i don't have enough trades to be able to off-load him if i (optimistically) make a league GF, the time is now ...

Holz

I have always believed that you keep a player who is scoring well untill you need to. Why ofload him now when you can wait till the grandfinal. I dont think they will socre any differently and if fisher picks up an injury between now and than and you traded him in thats a trade wasted. At least if Heppel goes down with injury you can just make the move when that happens.

Only trade if price changes cause you being unbale to make the trade later.

Dave085

I tend to agree with Holzman, youre playing with fire. If it works, splendid! If it doesnt, youre going to spit chips!

Hope it works out though.

cortez

I can't see why you would trade him out now the kid is killing it. I'd keep him till round 24. What happens if you get an injury b4 that to someone else? Xo gotta get to the grand final b4 you think about winning it

Bak2Form

IF i make gf i will be trading him to Scotland ;)

Master Q

j959

Quote from: Holzman on August 12, 2011, 01:08:03 PM
I have always believed that you keep a player who is scoring well untill you need to. Why ofload him now when you can wait till the grandfinal. I dont think they will socre any differently and if fisher picks up an injury between now and than and you traded him in thats a trade wasted. At least if Heppel goes down with injury you can just make the move when that happens.

Only trade if price changes cause you being unbale to make the trade later.
your last point is also a consideration - i'm considering a more risky move of downgrading Sandi to Jolly to give cash to upgrade Otten to Fisher so I can keep Heppell for now ...

I only kept Sandi cos of lack of trades and it seems silly to off-load him now, but i'm just really doubtful as to how good he will come back the next 2-3 wks - i get a double benefit in being able to bring Otten position onto the field as Fisher if i do the downgrade so my rucks get solidified as do my backs ...

am i in crazy town for considering the Sandi downgrade to allow a back upgrade??