Teams with byes in the finals

Started by Dave085, August 08, 2011, 08:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave085

Im interested in everyones tactics for the finals. I myself have the following players facing byes during the finals...

Bartel and Chapman
Gibbs

Not too bad for me but im hoping that there are no injuries for round 22 when Geelong have their game.

Im planning on making trades for these guys when their games come along. I have 10 trades remaining so im in a good position.
Its a pitty that 2 trades have been wasted but im now kinda glad i didnt check my team for the first 13 rounds because im sure as hell that i would have very minimal trades remaining if i did...

Let us know your plans!

Dave.

djtranny

10 trades! Wow you may as well aim to put a premo or 2 on your bench as backup. I've currently got Jimmy bartel & Colin Sylvia as my midfield and forward backup bench options. Sylvia will come in for chapman during the bye. I only have 3 trades left tho :(

Dave085

Thats a bugger but its better than my back ups. So far im pretty happy with my trades although Heppell to Martin 2 weeks ago... Im hoping that Martin will pick back up.

So far im thinking of doing Bartel to Thompson. Actually thinking of doing that before their bye. He is in good form. But only because of my trades left situation...

97crows98

Dave you have wasted 2 trades cos you can only make 8 for the rest of the year.

CFC 1979

Bennyy

Yeah 10 trades is crazy. Unless your team is sitting top 2 in all your leagues, or 1st overall lol. Just burnt 2 where you coulda used that as stated earlier to double trade for a bench premo or another upgrade. 6 woulda been the max i ever thought of coming into finals with!! Even that you may end up with 1 or 2 left

Dave085

Yeah as i stated i didnt check teams until after round 13 as i couldnt be bothered this year then changed my mind.

I scraped into the top 8 as i had a good team at the start and had early wins. Now that i have so many trades im looking handy for the title but will see. The top 4 are strong.

Just wanted to know how you were all planning on covering the finals.

PowerBug

I have:
5 trades and
Petrie 21
Selwood 22
Chapman 22
Gibbs 23
Heppell 24
Hibberd 24

This week i'm going Hibberd >> Nicholson , and Lobbe >> Leuenberger which will put Petrie back to my forwards from my rucks.
No trades in Rd 22.
1 trade in 23, unsure what yet.
That leaves 2 for the final round.

Dave085

Nice. Its going to make things hard when players are rested too. Im hoping that this will advantage me as i have the trades to cover them and my opponents will hopefully not.

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on August 09, 2011, 06:12:10 PM
I have:
5 trades and
Petrie 21
Selwood 22
Chapman 22
Gibbs 23
Heppell 24
Hibberd 24

This week i'm going Hibberd >> Nicholson , and Lobbe >> Leuenberger which will put Petrie back to my forwards from my rucks.
No trades in Rd 22.
1 trade in 23, unsure what yet.
That leaves 2 for the final round.
Unless GAJ misses then i'll go GAJ >> unknown , and i'll have to take a poll for the other two.