McPhee cops only a week??!!!

Started by browny_wce, August 08, 2011, 04:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browny_wce

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/120491/default.aspx

this is absolute bullsh!t

u cant tell me that a deliberate raised elbow to someones head is less dangerous than any of the sh!t that has been given 2-3weeks plus throughout the season
i know Jack Trengove would be wondering WTF!!!

what do u guys recon??

tappy21

the other week riewoldt got 3 (reduced to 1) for his accidental collision with symes. apparently mcphees actions are less dangerous on a footy field...rubbish

Weagle

Deliberately jumped at Gilbert and tried to cave his face in using his elbow... yeah 1 week sounds about right  >:(

Fenno

bullshower. I thought 4 weeks for sure

plugz19

one of the worst for the year, trengove gets 3, selwood 4, and riewoldt originally had 3 and this idiot gets one for an intentional raised elbow
mrp you are a blight on the afl

mrpotato

It's the stupid 'Impact' criteria. Just because dangerhack hit his head on the turf and got concussed is what caused trengove to get 3, but gilbert was tough enough to get back up after that crude hit. MRP needs to take impact out unless its a barry hall style knockout

Grazz

I'm not that surprised to be honest, MRP have been all over the shop this year and after this have totally convinced me
that they have no idea about what they are doing, that's not just a glib comment its honestly how i feel. Trengroves sling
tackle earned him a hefty penalty yet a week later 3 sling tackles that appeared to have the potential to cause as much damage
go untouched, totally confusing all the major footy experts as well as myself. If he had broken Gilberts jaw he would of been
outed for at least 4 weeks or more i suspect so why wait till this happens and some poor bugger has his face wired up for 6 weeks
before they act, it was a bit of a thug act and should of been jumped on immediately to ensure all players have a good think about
it. Having said that if Goodes or Petrie get a game suspension for their alleged infractions this week they will look even more
ridiculous than they already do, Goodes and Petrie i'm sure will get off if McPhee's infraction only brings a week off. The AFL should
sack the lot of them asap.
Update to comment:  Ive since learnt Goodes and Petrie are ok and were not cited so that's a relief,Phew.

dale93

Its Rubbish should have got at least 4!

Fireballz

Its definitely at the stage where its beyond a joke. Week in and week out the MRP just gets it wrong...
Ridiculous really and its hurting the game.

henry

Yeah, he would be happy and lucky with this result. I thought it definitely warranted 2-3.

Chopps

seems like the MRP has a random way of deciding suspensions maybe they a rolling a die