The Jack Redden and Liam Shiels' of 2012

Started by oc16, August 06, 2011, 03:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeus123456

If Hmac goes to GWS he'll be in my team for sure. I love the looks of Shuey gun footballer with great skill and so is Rory Sloane who is a tackling machine both will battle for my 4th mid

JBs-Hawks

Jack Zieball anyone? looking pretty good recently

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 08, 2011, 04:48:24 PM
Jack Zieball anyone? looking pretty good recently

if listed as a forward will be my first lcoked player if not probably. Shhh

browny_wce

yeh Hmac will have to move clubs to get a run.
if he goes to the Tigers, look out!
if Richmond also look at someone like Fevola?? they could really be finals contenders
they really need a good key defender aswell

JBs-Hawks

Jonathon Giles, bigger and stronger version of Zac Smith lock him in.

Edge

Quote from: browny_wce on August 08, 2011, 04:59:31 PM
if Richmond also look at someone like Fevola?? they could really be finals contenders

imagine they got HMac, Fevola and Lake (even though bulldogs said they wont trade him, i think its really a case of what another team can offer)

Holz

Quote from: Edge on August 08, 2011, 05:03:39 PM

imagine they got HMac, Fevola and Lake (even though bulldogs said they wont trade him, i think its really a case of what another team can offer)

i want lake at the roos

Arky

Quote from: PowerToWin on August 07, 2011, 12:35:31 AM
Lenny Hayes will be dirt cheap, surely.

They'll price him based on his 2010 average with a minor discount for injury.  Coming off a knee and two years older, there's every chance that will be an overprice for him.  I wouldn't touch Hayes next year unless the injury discount is like 50%.

If McIntosh is traded to GWS or Richmond or somewhere else (Geelong as a direct replacement for Ottens in their structure would make a lot of sense too) then yes, otherwise obviously no.

Seconding the guy who mentioned Morabito.  Definitely.

Andrew Gaff at West Coast.

LaHug

We don't need or want another key forward. Once we get a ruckman, we'll make Vickery a permanent forward with Riewoldt. Then whoever we get will ruck with Andrew Browne as back up (just need to get him fitter and he'll be alright). A key defender is the most important and someone like Lake would be great but I don't see it likely. Maybe someone young?

I really like HMac if he goes elsewhere.

Holz

Quote from: Arky on August 08, 2011, 05:21:48 PM
Quote from: PowerToWin on August 07, 2011, 12:35:31 AM
Lenny Hayes will be dirt cheap, surely.

They'll price him based on his 2010 average with a minor discount for injury.  Coming off a knee and two years older, there's every chance that will be an overprice for him.  I wouldn't touch Hayes next year unless the injury discount is like 50%.

If McIntosh is traded to GWS or Richmond or somewhere else (Geelong as a direct replacement for Ottens in their structure would make a lot of sense too) then yes, otherwise obviously no.

Seconding the guy who mentioned Morabito.  Definitely.

Andrew Gaff at West Coast.

Pick up Hmac even if he is playing at the roos.

Gaff and Shuey both look good.

Spite

Gaff has really impressed me, I will be watching closely, but he is in a midfield with so many talented youngsters, i'm not sure if it will be worth the risk if he comes in with a 300k pricetag...

bundyboy

lenny worries me...he is definately the heart and soul of the Saints, but coming back from a knee the way he plays....gee, a worry.

that said - even if he comes back 75% right, I think the bonus will be that it will give Montagna the feed to get back to 2010 numbers...

popedelio

Quote from: Spite on August 08, 2011, 11:29:01 PM
Gaff has really impressed me, I will be watching closely, but he is in a midfield with so many talented youngsters, i'm not sure if it will be worth the risk if he comes in with a 300k pricetag...
well at this rate he'll end the season with an average of 70 meaning a 300+ price tag. But shiels was 300+ at the start wasn't he. The reason why im loving gaff atm is that he is averaging 25 touches since the saints game, which is pretty much his 1st official game because he was the dreaded sub and has averaged under 90 since then. Would he also get a 10% discount because he has missed half the season? Gaff can only get better when he puts more weight on.

But enough on my man love for gaff, everyone has forgotten reddens team mate rockliff. He has been gunning as any other premium midfielder and im gonna get him in my team next season along side with gaff and j.selwood

dale93

Hayes, Duffield and Barlow are my only locks at the moment....Hayes will be cheap and i love him and may even fit Monty into the team to and Barlow is just a Gun and Duffield is my favourite player and he is playing a forward role now so could be handy :)

Doogie

Patrick Dangerfield - new coach, more time in the middle?

Had Shuey last 2 years but wont be jumping on unless he pulls out good numbers early and at a reasonable price..