Main Menu

Waters?

Started by fidou, July 30, 2011, 06:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidou

Does anyone know what happened to Waters today? Did he get injured when he was subbed? The commentator (earlier in the match) said something about a scare the previous day - recurrence of his old injury.

If he's injured I have the worst trade going at the moment - Duigan to Shaw R17 (hours before the bad news) R19 Shaw to Waters - R20 Waters to ????????

Davoo

i heard on the commentary that he was injured before the game sso thats probably why he wasnt playing his best as well as being subbed. He could have not played at all i guess....

BillyPil

I am amused by people who claim Waters to be the toughest player in the AFL. Courageous sure, stubborn, undoubtedly... but way too easily injured to be considered one of the toughest.

Mentally tough perhaps, but the body tells another story.

LaHug

Quote from: BillyPil on July 30, 2011, 10:51:31 PM
I am amused by people who claim Waters to be the toughest player in the AFL. Courageous sure, stubborn, undoubtedly... but way too easily injured to be considered one of the toughest.

Does that mean Brown isn't tough because his face fractures too easily...?

Jimmy10

Quote from: BillyPil on July 30, 2011, 10:51:31 PM

Well put LaHug

Have you watched him play over the past 6 years? When he's on the park he gets himself into some heavy situations and never backs down just like last week against the dockers. He was never going to pull out.

Jimmy10

BTW injured troublesome elbow yesterday in training but still played today. Subbed as a precaution maybe

Nails

Since when does toughest = doesn't break down...

Toughest in AFL terms to me means, fearless, runs into packs time after time, runs in head over the footy without fear etc.

If he gets a few injuries doing that then it's simply par for the course, doesn't make him any less tough...

Someone who hangs around the back of the packs and does the odd tough thing but doesn't get injured for their entire career is less tough than someone who's injured for 2 years total over their career that but is running into pack after pack after pack without worry for his own safety (J. Brown - an absolute gun)

elephants

It's not beaus fault he has demented elbows. You can't play with ruptured elbows can you?