Who Do You Want At Your EPL Club

Started by Hawka, June 19, 2011, 12:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

I just really want Luka Modric at Chelsea.
Also I'd love AVB to find a way to play Drogba and Torres up front at the same time.

Luigi197

Quote from: elephants on July 29, 2011, 12:35:14 AM
I just really want Luka Modric at Chelsea.
Also I'd love AVB to find a way to play Drogba and Torres up front at the same time.

I would want Pastore over Modric.
And YES, would love Drogba and Torres to play up front at the same time. but the formation wil have to be tweaked a little bit...

BlackMamba

ARSENAL

In:
Juan Mata - Our wingers/left mids aren't that great atm IMO. Rosicky is old and I doubt we'll ever see the potential he had. Walcott is fast but IMO that all he has. Average skills.

Phil Jagielka or Per Mertesacker - That center back position has been a problem for a while. Seb Squillaci sucks and Laurent Koscielny still needs a lot of work. Either Jagielka will bring proven experience in the EPL whereas Mertesacker has been German international for a while and has done well at Bremen.

Aly Cissokho - Does any1 really trust Kieran Gibbs' body to hold up? I think it would be must safer for us to get another left back because I don't think Traore will do well if he needs to come in. Start Cissokho and make Gibbs a sub, but having said that, if Gibbs can hold up, I wouldn't mind him starting as long as there is a decent back up. Vermaelen can play LB if needed I suppose.

Out:
Eboue, Bentner and Diaby - All muppets especially Diaby who likes to get himself sent off and make stupid tackles in matches and in practice (muppet broke nasri's leg a couple of yrs ago).

Justin Bieber

If Mata comes in, pretty certain Fab will be leaving soon from what I read.

Mertesacker is such a stone infront of the Keeper, would be a great signing if they can land it.

CrowsFan

Arsenal don't need Mata. They already have Walcott, Nasri, Gervinho and Arshavin who can play on the wings

BlackMamba

Nasri has been playing central mid for a while now. If Fab goes then he is going to most likely stay there. As I mentioned, I am not too big of a fan of Walcott. He has the pace but not the skill. If you've seen him play, most of the time when he has the ball it's like he has blinkers on. Probably best used as a super sub. Arshavin has been disappointing as well. I kinda see him as the Stevie J of EPL. Can produce magic on the day but not very consistent. He has lost his form and that's why he was relegated to the bench towards the end of the season from what I remembered. He is better as an inside forward but not as a true winger IMO. Gervinho looked very promising on his debut and will most likely be on the wing when RVP is the main striker. That's one winger, so we gonna need the other one: Mr Juan Mata!

But then again, since the days of Bobby Pires and Freddie Ljungberg, Gunners haven't really used real wingers, more inside forwards.

reesbr

I don't watch alot of the EPL as I don't have Austar but I'm a big fan of Walcott.
This is how I would like to see us line up:

Szczesney
   Sagna Djourou Vermaelen
          Nasri    Wilshere
Walcott Fabregas (If stays) Arshavin
            RVP   Gervinho

CrowsFan

They won't play 3 at the back reesbr. It just wouldn't work against the strong teams

reesbr

Yeah I agree CF can't see it happening

BlackMamba

Szczesney
Sagna Djourou/Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs       
                    Song  Wilshere
             Nasri    Fabregas  Gervinho
                         RVP   

Maybe something like this with the current line up? I think a defensive midfielder will be played whether it's Song or Frimpong. I think what's gonna happen is Nasri or Fabregas is gonna leave and probably Theo will slot into the right wing.

CrowsFan

Yeah BM that is basically how I see them setting up too. Although prob Gervinho on the right and Nasri left

elephants

If Nasri and Fabregas are still at arsenal that is!