Eliminator Status...in it to win it!

Started by The Grundles, July 25, 2011, 09:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireballz

Trades and cash left?
I think you need to turn Knights or Mzungu into Pavlich!  :D

The Grundles

Fenno

Good stuff dude. I was outed on the weekend.

Chopps

nice work grundles must say i looked at your team and went wtf i assume the uniqueness is doing the job for me goodes and ryder seem your only let downs and only because goodes should be forward (except the weekend just gone)

you have some issue this week though

lids,adcock, goodes and volt

Elvs12

Nice work Grundles.
I got knocked out this week, played the guy who is coming 1st overall.
Lost by 69, most likely would have won if SJ played.

The Grundles

yeah the last 3 or so weeks my uniqueness has saved me...depending on the week, my opponent has had Ablett, Birchall, Murphy, Suckling etc etc so i have been quite lucky.  I have always kept 1 spot free in the mid to drop a DPP in for cover (eg last week with goodes Chopps)  Will probably look to plug that hole by trading out Heppell to GAJ in the final weeks

This week will be tough, i will have to do some serious trading...so you guys think Knghts for Pav to cover my holes in the fwd line? or FYFE?

The Grundles

Quote from: Elvs12 on July 26, 2011, 10:10:17 AM
Nice work Grundles.
I got knocked out this week, played the guy who is coming 1st overall.
Lost by 69, most likely would have won if SJ played.

yeah i was lucky with ZUNGOO and his 83

Thanks for all the support guys...there seems to be only 2 of us FF gang left...me with The Grundles and Cazaly with Weekend Warriors

The Grundles

OK without trading my I can get my lineup to look like this...

DEF
Gibbs, Heppell, Goddard, Enright, Martin, Carrazzo, Stanley (Adcock, Puopolo (E),Talia)

MIDS
Boyd, Pendlebury, Swan, A. Swallow, Chapman, Hodge (Deledio, Jacobs (E), Bewick)

RUCKS
Cox, Ryder (Hale, Lobbe)

FWDS
Cloke, Stevie J, Petrie, Sylvia, Franklin, Mzungu, Knights(Goodes, Riewoldt, Howe(E))

Cover in all emergency areas, with not such a bad lineup (assuming Carrazzo and Knights play)
DO I NEED TO TRADE?  :-\

Fireballz

LaHug

Quote from: The Grundles on July 27, 2011, 12:30:41 AM
OK without trading my I can get my lineup to look like this...

DEF
Gibbs, Heppell, Goddard, Enright, Martin, Carrazzo, Stanley (Adcock, Puopolo (E),Talia)

MIDS
Boyd, Pendlebury, Swan, A. Swallow, Chapman, Hodge (Deledio, Jacobs (E), Bewick)

RUCKS
Cox, Ryder (Hale, Lobbe)

FWDS
Cloke, Stevie J, Petrie, Sylvia, Franklin, Mzungu, Knights(Goodes, Riewoldt, Howe(E))

Cover in all emergency areas, with not such a bad lineup (assuming Carrazzo and Knights play)
DO I NEED TO TRADE?  :-\
I have bolded players that either give me concerns, could be used in trades or could be moved around.

Carrazzo was listed as "test" on the AFL website so watch out for him.
Ryder is hopeless and I assume is being used as cover because Petrie has been moved forward. It's hard to find a good ruck option so I'd say you can either upgrade Ryder to someone or upgrade Mzungu/Howe to someone like Fyfe.
If it needs a double trade, it might not be a bad thing to use Callinan in a downgrade/upgrade just for the sake of getting cash.

Quote from: Fireballz on July 27, 2011, 12:40:07 AM
Knights is a dodgy one...
If he's listed I reckon he might get a bid more midfield time with a new coach and coming off a huge game in the seconds. I predict a good score but I could be wrong.

No matter what, good luck to you, Grundles!

Dizzy

just put howe on the field and knights off the field, howe just seems to good a player

The Grundles

OKidoki...so I just found out my eliminator opponents team as of last week...

The main match up differences are (my team in bold)

DEF
Scotland, Fisher, Lower, Hibberd/Talia vs Heppell, Martin, Carrazzo, Stanley

MIDS
Bartel, Didak/I.Smith vs Chapman, Hodge

RUCKS
Petrie vs Ryder

FWDS
Pavlich, Prestia, Lobbe vs Cloke, Sylvia, Knights

He looks to be in a bit of trouble with his FWDS esp as he has Goodes, O'Keefe, Voldt and Callinan.

Thoughts?

Zarts

imo, you lose the match up in the rucks, nowhere else.

That being said, you still mighten't win- I got knocked out of the eliminator by someone who's ranking was like 6x greater than my own lol.

The Grundles

Yep, thats eliminator for ya...pure luck!