Should I be trading Mackie to Shaw?

Started by AlexIsOnFire, July 14, 2011, 08:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexIsOnFire

With Geelongs DT finals bye I need to offload some Geelong players, is it too early to offload Mackie?

BGK

If you have plenty of trades and have already got Fisher I would. If you don't have Fisher, I would wait for him.

Fireballz

Quote from: bestguykai on July 14, 2011, 09:44:31 AM
If you have plenty of trades and have already got Fisher I would. If you don't have Fisher, I would wait for him.
+1
If you're short on trades then might have to tough it out. More info required. How many trades left, how's your bench cover and how many geelong players do you have?

AlexIsOnFire

7 trades left... 40k in the bank

Already have fisher.

Was thinking of going Issac Smith to Montagna

And Mackie to Shaw.

Still need to trade Chap, Enright, SJ and Selwood.

BGK

That's a lot of Geelong. Are you going to finish top 4? There is no way you can trade them all out.

AlexIsOnFire

I'm on top in my league and ranked 2900ish overall. Want to crack top 1000.

I thought bringing in montagna for smith will give me back up for Bartel/Boyd bye.

My bench in back line is Hibberd, Pop, Toy

BGK

Good luck covering all of them. Personally i stayed away from finals bye players as much as possible. I only have SJ, Petrie, Gibbs, Heppel and Hibberd. Make the trades mate. You may also want to think about bringing in an extra forward premium rather than trading all the others out.

Andrew

Absolute no brainer with Heath Shaw set to ton it up v a struggling Carlton. However, either Burchill or Suckling might be worth waiting on for next week... could be the way to go with Mackie set for a big score v Brisbane (if he plays).