Main Menu

Finally some hope for Freo

Started by Cruiseon, July 28, 2011, 01:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

I dread to what they might move to but this has got to be as important as any re-signing, draftee or injury in the progress of the Freemantle Football Club.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/will-freo-give-song-the-heave-ho/story-e6frf9jf-1226103321024

valkorum

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 28, 2011, 01:38:32 PM

I dread to what they might move to but this has got to be as important as any re-signing, draftee or injury in the progress of the Freemantle Football Club.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/will-freo-give-song-the-heave-ho/story-e6frf9jf-1226103321024

Old news (for members).  Vote will take place in November.

Cruiseon

But Valk 95% of us aren't Freo members!  ;)

So more importantly, how is the choosing of a new song going to work? Did they outline? It's a bit like stating that I would like a new Australian flag but choosing a new one is the hard part.

Let's choose the music first, it has to have been around for awhile - lets chose from.

Ace of Spades - Motorhead
Rock n Roll Star - Oasis
Psycho Killler - Talking Heads
Go West - Pet Shop Boys
Eagle Rock - Daddy Cool (only gagging)

PS: AC/DC tunes are untouchable

Cicjose

Cruiseon

Quote from: Cicjose on July 28, 2011, 04:33:43 PM
I would leave the song as is

C'mon Cicjose, we are trying to ber serious.

Cicjose

i like the song

is that a crime?

Hawka

The Silent Partner

Well I have been supporting Freo since its inception into the AFL. May become a member next year and my kids HMAS members, I live in Adelaide. This has got me stumped on one hand I'm all for change (usually) for the better of the clubs , but on the other I think the original song is good and we started with it so keep it. I think that all in sundry have gotten on our back because we have not won a premiership yet , The style of footy we first played, and some poor recruiting decisions we made and it was like "have you heard their song". Mind you I have not heard that for a while due to the teams success. In fact I think we should not change because when that song is played after a grand final one day it will stick it right up em. We don't have to blend, onfield success will strengthen the club changing the song ain't gonna make people go "Gee like the new song might sign up". Anyway its good the paying members have a say at least I think they will change it however to "blend in". Hope it aint costing a packet money could be spent elsewhere to drum up support and keep the fans happy.