will lobbe keep his spot when brogan's fit?

Started by underdog11, July 08, 2011, 12:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

underdog11

will lobbe keep his spot when brogan's fit?

HTL

I'm sure hoping so, I'll be getting on him this evening.

Maybe Brogan won't get back in...... fingers crossed.

swansong

underdog11

HTL

Quote from: swansong on July 08, 2011, 12:20:26 PM
brogan has retired you idiots

Um this is his last year, so they may bring him back for a farewell game or more if he's fit.

Idiot!

glam77

i'd say lobbe with play out the majority of the year (even if broges plays), unless they wanna blood another youngster such as redden or bass.

HTL

Quote from: glam77 on July 08, 2011, 01:12:32 PM
i'd say lobbe with play out the majority of the year (even if broges plays)

Thats pretty much what I wanted to hear  ;D

Sharker18

haha if you want to insult people make sure you get your facts straight first buddy....somewhat embarrassing i would have thought?

Cicjose

brogan has announced his retirement at the END of the year so yes Swansong you have got that wrong

elephants

Hahaha Swansong.
They will need a quickfire replacement for broges so yeah they should both play (i hope so i bought him in and i'm starting him this week!)

Blues17

i reckn brogan will play rnd 24 definitly as a swan song. but lobbe has shown potential so i don't see them drpping him for rest of season. They need to groom a ruckman for next year

Andrew

Quote from: elephants on July 08, 2011, 01:34:21 PM
Hahaha Swansong.
They will need a quickfire replacement for broges so yeah they should both play (i hope so i bought him in and i'm starting him this week!)

+1! I'm bringing in Lobbe for Dawes and then I can swing Petrie forward and play Lobbe 2nd ruck. Going for league so Lobbe also covers Petrie's round 21 bye, but hopefully Sandi is back by then... my plan is a ripper if Lobbe can average at least 60 from here on.

Quote from: Blues17 on July 08, 2011, 02:15:12 PM
i reckn brogan will play rnd 24 definitly as a swan song. but lobbe has shown potential so i don't see them drpping him for rest of season. They need to groom a ruckman for next year

If anyone is still relying on Lobbe by round 24, they won't be in the Grand Final reckoning anyway..! I'm sure they'll play Brogan & Lobbe together when Brogan is back, however one or the other could get subbed out during games if that happens.

BGK

Hahahahaha Douche.

I heard talk that Brogan and Cornes were going to get a round 20 send off game. It worries me a little because Petrie is out round 21 and i don't want to get left without cover for that week. I was thinking of trading Smith for Lobbe, but i think i will pass.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: bestguykai on July 08, 2011, 02:21:13 PM

Hahahahaha Douche.

I heard talk that Brogan and Cornes were going to get a round 20 send off game. It worries me a little because Petrie is out round 21 and i don't want to get left without cover for that week. I was thinking of trading Smith for Lobbe, but i think i will pass.

I don’t know much about Brogan’s current injury status, but assuming he’s fit I would have thought he will return for round 19.
Why?
Because it’s the derby and Port will be going all out to try and win this game against arch rivals Adelaide. They will want to play their number 1 ruck in this game which is still Brogan.

I reckon Lobbe will still play, but probably as a forward who switches into the ruck.

Whether it will be his last game or not will be a different matter - a home game against Melbourne in round 24 looks the most likely for his swansong.

Andrew

Good points. I think Lobbe will be played as a 2nd string ruckman but if he does, expect him to get subbed out... I'm taking the punt but if he does nothing for your starting 22 there are probably better downgrade options out there.