Team and improvements, would like some help and opinions :)

Started by teatowel, July 04, 2011, 07:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teatowel

Current team: $247,100 in the kitty, 11 trades - 1 left this round ( traded bartell to ablett - bit sideways but ablett is a must have and bartell has a bye in finals and pisses me off aha)

Backs: Scotland - Deledio - Goddard- stanley - lower - otten - pederson   (howard - astbury - schofield)

Mids: Boyd - Mitchell - Pendlebury - Judd - Swan - Ablett    (Bewick - Hibberd - Atley)

Rucks: lobbe - Smitch   (Cox - Curnow)

Forwards: Pavlich - Chapman - Riewoldt - Franklin - Johnson - Petrie - Mzungu    (Lynch - Howe - Prestia)

Back Upgrades: looking at 3 upgrades in the backlines. looking to bring in fisher, birchall and someone else, who do yous think? gonna get rid of otten for one, howard once he makes some more money for one and hopefully schofiel if i can find the cash then my bench cover will be lower, pederson and astbury (ill probably downgrade astbury to warrick whos 80k and DPP with hibberd in mids)

Mid Downgrade: Gonna look to downgrade atley, was keen on callinan but hes injured. dont really know who else to consider? might still get callinan cause hes 80k and DPP with forwards?

Ruck upgrade: wanna see how lobbe performs, if he can keep getting 90's probably keep him if not look to upgrade smitch to mcevoy maybe and have lobbe as bench cover. Who else would be a good ruckman?

Forward upgrade: gonna upgrade lynch to someone, keen on sylvia or cloke. who do yous rekon would be the best buy?

cheers :)

ossie85

Well, for starters, you shouldn't be trading at all until teams are released :)

Pretty good logic all round really, there really isn't many downgrade options with Callinan going down.

Another ruck option could by Big Mummy, almost be a unique at this point.

Spinking

Yep, always wait for teams to be announced. Not that Gablett is much chance of being dropped...   :)

I'd be looking at Shaw along with the other defenders you mentioned, maybe Newman / Gilbert if you are looking for a cheap unique. Gibbs is the other premium defender but would leave you light come finals.

Mids look good. I'd only downgrade your bench to blokes who are playing. If Callinen recovers in time get on him.

Agree with your plans for ruck. Try and find a way to get a premium in there alongside Cox.

Fwds look really good. Get on Goodes or ROK this week if you want to get their output against GC, otherwise I'd go Sylvia, but see if you can get him in the mids and swap with Mzungu. Gives you a MPP option if you get stuck late in the year.

Good luck!